Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-01-12-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Kevin Nash

Loss

• 1 month later...

Nash's laid back persona is perfect for segments like this. Nash responds to the leading questions in a real athlete sort of way but calmly downplaying the incident with Savage and Bischoff. You can tell he is just playing the PR game however and when pressed, does drop a line about how Savage doesn't want to mess with him. In comparison to the real athlete dynamic Nash's interview had going, Hogan's few lines seem even more cartoonish than usual.

I don't think Gene Okerlund should be interviewing the NWO. They were largely pretty good about avoiding that sort of thing, but I guess this was during the time they got carried away. And yeah, Hogan is cutting a promo while Nash is sounding like a person and it's a weird contrast.

• 1 year later...

My first remark was going to be about Okerlund doing this interview. I think this is the first time we've seen that happen since he interviewed the Outsiders way back in the Disney Nitro days, before Hogan's turn. It works okay here because Gene's playing the investigative reporter ambushing them outside the limo instead of doing it as a formatted segment. Savage appears to be on the outs with the NWO, or at least with Nash, after he snapped last week and Nash had to deck him.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-01-12-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Kevin Nash