Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-01-26-WWF-Raw] Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs New Age Outlaws

Loss

• 1 month later...

Cool clips of Funk and Cactus shooting the shit from earlier in the day.

This match shows how the NAO still weren't great at all in the ring as the match before the mayhem with the finish has the crowd completely dead. They heat up with Funk interjects a chair into the ring and Cactus gives the cactus elbow with the chair providing an assist. NAO win by DQ. (*)

Backstage, Hunter and HBK talk to the legends and then we get a big attack on them with the Raw interview set getting destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the Funk/Cactus conversation in the ring earlier that day.

Kind of a blah match that the NAO win by DQ. Cactus and especially Funk try to bring some excitement but yeah, the NAO just weren't there. A brawl continues for a few minutes after a match which peaks with Funk doing a moonsault on a pile of chairs which was stacked on top of Road Dogg.

Later, Funk and Foley are being interviewed but are quickly interrupted by DX, who make fun of their hardcore legend status before the NAO join them in an attack.

• 1 year later...

Not much of a match--nothing terrible, but yeah, the NAO aren't much yet outside of their catchphrases and the heat isn't really there. Cactus and Charlie go nuts with chairs and get disqualified, which earns Jimmy Korderas a mandible claw. Road Dogg is buried under chairs and is hit with a moonsault for good measure.

Afterward the Legends get jumped in the interview area by DX and the Outlaws to put hype on the 8-man No Way Out main event. I was actually surprised to hear Ross tease possible Owen-Austin dissension during the match, as I recall that being pretty much wiped from history after Montreal until Owen turned again.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

The Funk/Foley conversation is fun. NAO come out in catcher's gear as protection for this match. Funny. Fun brawl that gets crazy after Cactus & Chainsaw go nuts. They beat up the NAO with chairs & Chainsaw hits a moonsault off the top onto Road Dogg & a pile of chairs to a big pop. Later on, DX confront Cactus & Chainsaw & poke fun. This is a set up as the NAO push the interview fench on top of them & they beat them up along with DX. I really like how they've booked this tag feud. It feels like a main event program.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-01-26-WWF-Raw] Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs New Age Outlaws