Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-04-06-WWF-Raw] Vince McMahon promo

Loss

• 2 months later...

LOUD Austin chants start before Vince even opens his mouth. Vince reveals that because he is benevolent, he dropped charges against Austin that night. He wants to put the issues with Austin behind him because tonight, he will introduce a new and improved Stone Cold Steve Austin and he couldn't be happier. Guaranteed or your money back!

• 1 year later...

Austin has learned his lesson, and he learned it the hard way. I believe him! I do like this slow build to McMahon finally losing it several weeks into this program, going from doing what he thinks is right for the company to being a complete megalomaniac. He's not quite there yet, but he's inching closer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Austin has learned his lesson, and he learned it the hard way. I believe him! I do like this slow build to McMahon finally losing it several weeks into this program, going from doing what he thinks is right for the company to being a complete megalomaniac. He's not quite there yet, but he's inching closer.

This hits things square on the head - love that the weeks before WM 14 and then in the weeks since, that the Vince/Austin dynamic evolves slowly and that Vince isn't a cartoon villain immediately off the bat. This is a guy, who has had his fingers burned - be it storyline/real life - with a champion not wanting 'to do business', so understandably tetchy about the fact he wants his champion to be someone he can work with. You really feel that he is trying to act in the best interests of his company rather than just hating Austin for some undefined reason, like the Cena/Bischoff reprise of the angle for just one example.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-04-06-WWF-Raw] Vince McMahon promo