Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-04-WCW-Nitro] DDP and Raven

Loss

• 2 months later...

DDP, wearing a bullrope around his neck, attacks Raven and the Flock in the dressing room before dragging him out in front of the crowd. I crack up when he makes the "Bang!" motion and explosions go off because how in the hell was that coordinated? This crowd LOVES DDP. Raven cuts him off with a low blow and this goes back and forth a few times. This was a hot brawl that built up their PPV match well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking DDP getting some revenge of the Raven sneak attack on the Total Request Live show. This has been a good angle to keep DDP busy with something and build heat on Raven and I assume the blow off is right around the corner. I also was amused at the random explosions as one of those glaring "wrestling is fake" moments.

• 1 year later...

A bullrope match for Slamboree? Yeah, I'm down with that. Another strong in-ring (sort of) segment as Raven continues the workrate run of his career. In an ideal world this could possibly, conceivably set up Raven as a semi-main event player but of course the Glass Ceiling is now in full effect in WCW.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-05-04-WCW-Nitro] DDP and Raven