Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-25-WWF-Raw] The Oddities

Loss

• 2 months later...

Don Callis is out with Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf and Crackhead Bob from the Howard Stern show. Callis blames fans for them being the way they are. I'm starting to wonder the point of this until Luna Vachon, Golga and Giant Silva come out and they are debuted as the Human Oddities. This worked much better as an undercard gimmick when they turned babyface, switched to the ICP theme and became more fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always kind of liked the Jackyl for reasons that never really made sense even to me--I guess because I was always fascinated by David Koresh and he's a pretty transparent Koresh clone. Problem was that story was 4 years out of date and it was too high-concept for the Attitude Era anyway. Earthquake goes from being touted as a potential opponent for Austin to...this.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

After listening to Don Callis on Jericho's podcast you get the idea they had no idea what to do with him and were jumping all over the place. First he's the manager of the Truth Commission, then Kurgan by himself, then he's on a lectern coming down from the ceiling and now this, all in the space of six months. He's always been a good talker - I liked him as Cyrus in ECW, but pretty much every segment with him in the WWF is not very good. Even when the material might be decent - I quite liked the idea of him being a cult leader for people that society made a mockery of and exploiting them for his own gains, which is I think the gimmick here, but nothing he ever did seemed to resonate with the crowd who just didn't get it or weren't interested.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-05-25-WWF-Raw] The Oddities