Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-06-22-WWF-Raw] Interview: Steve Austin

Loss

• 2 months later...

Sable, who Vince has re-hired, introduces Steve Austin. Austin tells Sable to go to the back and flip her off, which makes her smile. Austin is tired of hearing he's a marked man - if that's true, whoever has him as a marked man can come out there. Austin accepts the First Blood match for KOTR. Kane says if he doesn't win the title, he'll set himself on fire. Austin says if he's dumb enough to do that, Austin will bring the hot dogs and marshmallows. Suddenly blood drops from the ceiling and Austin is covered in the red stuff. Kane does his voice box promo saying this Sunday, the blood on him will be real. This is corny, but I liked it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sable was able to get back into Vinces favor and rejoin the company. Austin is wearing his swank 3:16 baseball jersey shirt here. Pretty iconic soundbyte promo of him saying Kanes ass belongs to Stone Cold when you come after his belt. The bit with the blood dropping provided a good visual and I liked that they didn't touch this week after their heated exchange the week before on top of the cell. I am still missing Vince in these segments but the build to KOTR for the top stuff remained strong.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Sable has been re-hired by Titan Sports, thus not breaking her deal with Mero. I guess. Austin lays out the stipulations that Kane challenged him to at the top of the show and accepts them. Kane comes out to rebut and drops a batch of Mysterious Red Liquid on Austin. I still think Kane's voice box was a brilliant, creepy gimmick.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-06-22-WWF-Raw] Interview: Steve Austin