Photo

HHH vs The Rock vs X-Pac (WWF Monday Night RAW 07/27/98)

WWF WWE RAW July 27 1998 HHH The Rock X-Pac Sean Waltman Anaheim CA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43793 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43793 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

Fun workrate-style match with everyone involved looking really good. As layouts go, this is pretty much every triple threat match, but they keep the action moving and the crowd is into it. I like that X-Pac is being presented on equal footing with HHH and Rock. Both guys would eventually shoot past him, and rightfully so, but this was a good time period for him. HHH and X-Pac end up fighting each other and don't notice that Rock took the IC title and bailed. Good stuff.

#3 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10621 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Pretty good triple threat and I appreciate XPac being definite when he needs to against HHH. These long, signature tv matches are a welcome change of pace into the "attitude era had no good tv matches" narrative. Rock looked clever as hell bailing while they fought to hang on to the belt. (**1/4)

#4 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9429 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

Pretty smartly laid out match, that gets pretty good when Rock starts getting offense in. They did a good job of giving Rock an offensive run without undermining DX. And X-Pac was always a good opponent for him because he can make his rather loose offense look pretty killer, especially the Rock Bottom where X-Pac gets great height and looks dead afterward. A rift forms between DX and Rock takes advantage and bails.

#5 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

A count-out in a triple threat match, what the hell? I would like to see a triple threat match where not at least for 50% of the match one of the participants is selling outside of the ring (i.e. should be counted out). Even here you had Triple H spending considerable time lying on the mat outside after a big bump.

The match ended (according to the ring announcer) with a loser and no winner. What a god-awful finish.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWF, WWE, RAW, July 27, 1998, HHH, The Rock, X-Pac, Sean Waltman, Anaheim CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users