Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-24-WWF-Raw] Bart Gunn vs Bradshaw (Brawl For All)

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was fun seeing a bully like Bradshaw get knocked on his ass and KO'd in the first minute. It didn't lead to stardom for Bart but he did get a good run in Japan off the back of this.

As an aside this reminded me of one of the more bizarre topics I've seen posted on a wrestling forum. It was entitled something along the lines of 'Shoot Matches in Wrestling History'. The guy then listed 16 matches inside. #1 to #15 were the Brawl for All contests. #16 was Diva Dodgeball from Summerslam 2004.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Shawn, to his credit, practically leaps out of his chair trying to put all this over. Bart makes mincemeat out of Bradshaw and there *may* have actually been some way to capitalize on this, but of course the Wrong Guy won the shoot tournament, because that possibility wasn't predictable at all. I like the idea of running Bart vs. Shamrock, even if just to put Shamrock over in a one-off PPV match.

• 3 months later...

I am confused in the run up to this Bart Gunn was working angles with Vader and Godfather. They seemed to be adapting to the idea Bart was going to win this tournament. The Bart/Godfather shoot fight was actually pretty good and Bart totally KO'd him. This match was fun to see Bradshaw humbled by Bart.

Why did they not capitalize on Bart's victory? I mean even if it was not the person they wanted. He still had some momentum because at least he was KO'ing people so it was cooler than the other contests. I checked out his Cagematch and he was off to All Japan soon after. Weird.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-24-WWF-Raw] Bart Gunn vs Bradshaw (Brawl For All)