Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-31-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart vs Sting & Lex Luger

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes. Luger is FIP. Sting comes in for the hot tag and Disciple moves Hogan out of the way of a Stinger Splash, leaving Hogan to do a number on him with the strap. Bret Hart takes the strap from Hogan and the two end up in an argument. Sting and Luger win by countout. The crowd seems hyped for the Hogan-Bret tease, but not nearly as much as they would have been months earlier when it would have been the single biggest match any wrestling company could put on. While they are arguing, Warrior appears in a cloud of smoke in the ring and scares Hogan away.

• 1 month later...

I guess Hogan made a deal with Bret as Bret gets pissed when Hogan attacks Sting with the belt. Sting vs. Hogan actually feels hotter in this match than it has in months and got a nice reaction. Warrior appears in a dust of smoke and "lays" out the entire NWO while Hogan is shaking in fear.

• 1 year later...

We continue the storyline of Bret wanting to be friends with Sting despite being a heel, and he saves Sting from Hogan using the belt, telling Hogan "you gave me your word." The argument leads to a countout and then a pull-apart back in the ring. As Hogan challenges Bret to an impromptu singles match, smoke fills the ring (after a false start or two) and the NWO lies unconscious...except Hogan, cowering in the corner. Warrior will continue to demonstrate how selective his magical powers are in the weeks to come. I get why they felt the need to turn Bret, but making him a Hogan lackey did nothing but undermine the big showdown they had planned.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-31-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart vs Sting & Lex Luger