Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-10-24-AJPW-October Giant Series] Mitsuharu Misawa & Takao Omori vs Kenta Kobashi & Jinsei Shinzaki

Loss

• 2 months later...

The commercial edit of this match, which is in highlight form. The match doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look like going out of the way to watch. I'm amused by how much handholding Misawa is having to do for Omori. The Misawa-Kobashi stuff is good but we get all of that. Kobashi ends up pinning Misawa after a burning hammer, which is a move I really hate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Misawa and Kobashi both have underlings as partners here. I do love seeing how protective Misawa is of his partner in these types of matches. While some could consider that he is making them look weak, I see it more as a protection mode. Anyway, KObashi is looking pretty unstoppable at the moment and is even able to pull out something new in his arsenal to put Misawa away here in the Burning Hammer.

• 1 year later...

A match for historical purposes to be sure, as Kobashi debuts the Burning Hammer, and boy does that closing bump not age well. I will give AJPW and NOAH credit for protecting the move and making sure it was only unleashed (at least after this) in major situations and sold accordingly. Is this the first time *on tape* that we've seen Kobashi pin Misawa? It happened before this in a CC but it went untelevised and unrecorded as far as we know.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-10-24-AJPW-October Giant Series] Mitsuharu Misawa & Takao Omori vs Kenta Kobashi & Jinsei Shinzaki