Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-10-26-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon

Loss

• 2 months later...

Austin announces that he has a brand new WWF contract that guarantees at least one title shot. Vince interrupts and is quite unhappy with this development and tells Vince he has to compete tonight against Ken Shamrock in an I Quit match. Vince's sneer and contempt is something to behold. Shane McMahon is now officially a character and confirms that he's the one who rehired Austin. Shane McMahon ... oh boy, I can't wait. Shane cuts a promo on Vince as a bad father, but it's horribly whiny and it's a testament to Vince's facial expressions in reaction to what he's saying that Shane didn't heel himself here. I like this as Austin cracking the facade that has always existed around Vince, but I could do without the Shane monologue. Shane did kill the crowd though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"You've taken this incompetent, somewhat underachieving kid and turned him into a MONSTER!" Good way to put some sympathy on Shane before his whiny monologue. I still don't get what this plan was all about--Shane re-hires Austin just to turn on him? Maybe we'll get an explanation that this re-hire and family drama was legitimate and then Vince and Shane reconciled.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-10-26-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon