Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-02-WCW-Nitro] LWO and Konnan

Loss

• 2 months later...

Eddy Guerrero vs Perry Saturn is in progress. The LWO run in to attack Saturn for the DQ. Konnan comes out not really to make the save but to confront everyone in the ring. Everyone stops in their tracks as soon as he shows up. Konnan asks Saturn if he'll let him handle this because this is Raven and the Flock all over again. Nice continuity there. Eddy tells Konnan to go hang out with his "anglo punk" friends in the Wolfpac! Things get heated and this is a nice teaser for a unique feud but we never got it. What we got was probably better in the ring (Eddy vs Rey and Kidman - Juventud involvement), but wouldn't be as cool of a storyline. A-ROD shows up to walk Konnan back to the locker room. How about that.

• 1 month later...

This was the best Konnan stuff of the year as he gave some logic to Saturn and then actually talked reasonable points to the LWO about Eddy. Eddy had some good comebacks too and this is an angle where you can see both sides. AROD showing up to greet Konnan was a good WTF moment I had no recollection of.

• 1 year later...

I appreciated Eddy outing Konnan as being an Anglo but I don't get why the 7 LWO guys didn't just kick K-Dawg's ass, too. Oh, sure, Eddy tries to explain it by saying he didn't want the Wolfpack coming out with their bats, but since when did the Wolfpack ever give a shit about saving their own? They sure haven't shown it on past episodes of TV. Fort Lauderdale was a good place to run this angle, though. I too had no recollection of A-Rod, who's remarkably skinny here...

• GSR changed the title to [1998-11-02-WCW-Nitro] LWO and Konnan