Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-15-WWF-Survivor Series] Mankind vs Duane Gill

Loss

• 2 months later...

Everyone thought Shawn Michaels was going to be the mystery opponent at the time. Little did they know. It ends up being Duane Gill and this is actually a hilarious angle. I love that Vince has a prepared statement he reads to intro him. He also has a Titantron video and gets pyro, which hilarious scares the shit out of him. We learn that the Pasadena Chargers is an elementary football team in one of my favorite lines of the year. Mankind makes quick work of Duane Gill on his way to the finals.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Been rewatching the 98 Survivor Series this weekend, and what I really loved her was that Mankind jumped Gill as he was entering the ring. Just the idea that Foley could have easily beaten a semi-retired Duane Gill anyway, but chose to assault him before the bell anyway just struck me as hilariously cruel

• 10 months later...

Lots of funny stuff here. The "HBK!" chants from the crowd, Mankind trying to peek over Vince's shoulder to see what's on his notes, Gill marveling that he actually has his own video until the pyro scares him, and Mankind busting out that amateur pinning combo that I love so much. Match of the Night candidate.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-11-15-WWF-Survivor Series] Mankind vs Duane Gill