Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-16-WCW-Nitro] Eddy Guerrero vs Rey Misterio Jr

Loss

• 2 months later...

Rey has cool music during this time, but the announcers are never quiet enough for me to hear it well. Eddy attempts to recruit Rey for the NWO and again wants the stip that if he wins, Rey joins the LWO. Rey agrees to it. They hit some really cool spots here and Eddy also brings the heel tactics to give this some bite. Rey tries a lot of new stuff and doesn't quite hit all of it, which kills the crowd at times. They seem to be more into it when Eddy is in control. This was good, but uneven. Eddy has Rey pinned after a powerbomb but the ref is distracted (Why would Eddy's own guy distract when Eddy is winning?) Juventud comes in to attack Eddy but accidentally hits Rey, giving Eddy the win and meaning Rey has to join the LWO. This was really haphazardly executed and the match has its moments but disappoints overall.

• 1 month later...

Weird storyline overall here with Eddy recruiting Rey for the LWO. I think they needed more time from a storyline and match perspective to flesh out things here. Rey still seems to be slowly coming back from the leg injury and still hasn't put together that real good performance in 1998 you think of when thinking of Rey. Eddy holds this one somewhat together but I agree with Charles that it is uneven overall. Rey ends up losing and we get a big celebration from the LWO as Rey is a new member. (**1/2)

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-11-16-WCW-Nitro] Eddy Guerrero vs Rey Misterio Jr