Pro Wrestling Only

• 3 months later...

Michael Cole's laugh is even more fake in 1998 than it is now. X-Pac once again shows surprising aptitude in this sort of segment. Chyna as Boss Man was amusing. But I could do without HHH or the Outlaws. Jason Sensation as Shawn Michaels is great too! "You've dropped the ball again, Shawn" made me laugh. Shawn and Rock are out to interrupt. Shawn actually called HHH "Midcard 4Life" and said he just hangs out with main eventers, but he's never actually been one. Interesting. This ended up escalating Rock-HHH from a non-title match to a title match after HHH fired back. I loved Rock responding with all of the WCW catchphrases - Hogan, Flair, Savage and Bret - before getting around to his own.

• 3 weeks later...

A surefire way to dampen any comedy segment is to have Michael Cole tell you how amused he is. Like the NOD parody this was floundering a bit before they had a professional comedian come out and save the segment. Shawn then puts over the talent before the Rock nicely finishes off with some old school catchphrases.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this was better than The Nation parody or not. Jason Sensation was my highlights having Shawns mannerisms down. HHH as The Crock just isnt very funny and way too generalized. I did love The Rock here going through the series of catchphrases until he found his. Shawn next to the Rock is a lot of fun.

• 2 years later...

Man, I was stunned at how bad I thought this was. There's Cole's stupid laugh, and almost the entire parody is just stuff about asses and sphincters. Jason Sensation referring to "HBGay" isn't something that's going to get replayed a lot now, either. I'm sure Vince was giggling up a storm backstage, though. DX or Russo or whoever put this together are so creatively bankrupt that X-Pac has to repeat his line about sphincters putting him in the zone, verbatim, for no particular reason. Shawn is mercifully out to save this segment, which isn't something I say very often. I don't generally care for Michaels' above-it-all act but it's never been more appropriate than it is here.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-12-14-WWF-Raw] DX as The Corporation