Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-12-17-WCW-Thunder] Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair's Family

Loss

• 3 months later...

Bischoff makes his apology then ends up beating up David Flair. Brian Adams and Barry Windham hit the ring and Adams holds Reid in the corner while Beth is restrained at ringside and Barry continues to lay in the beating. Then Eric puts a bow on things by kissing Beth at ringside. They went too far in this angle, as the whole thing was kind of uncomfortable. Reid is too young to be involved in something like this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This is awful. I mean, skeeviness aside, it's simply a bad angle badly executed. Bischoff rambles out an apology and NOBODY in the crowd is buying it--Eddie Gilbert's been dead for almost 4 years at this point and the phony-apology angle is so, so, SO played out. I've been quick to praise Eric Bischoff for when he's delivering the goods, but I'll be just as quick to call him out when he fails. I know he's probably *supposed* to sound somewhat insincere as a heel, but he doesn't even do a good job of attempting to play this straight at all.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-12-17-WCW-Thunder] Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair's Family