Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-12-18-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Felino vs Silver King & Villano IV & Villano V

Loss

• 3 months later...

Pretty good match that I think might have benefitted from more time. The work is good and I like the layout, but everything seems a bit rushed. The Santo/Casas/Felino team is a very good one and does an awesome rally from behind near the end of this. Just shy of a great match for me, even though all the individual elements are there from an action, heat, hatred and layout standpoint.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit confused as to the timeline of Santo being a tecnico or Rudo but damn if him and Casas aren't a great team. I watched this before the set came out and loved it as a sprint brawl with tons of stiff shots, mask ripping and overall chaos. The time and cohesiveness prevents it from being an all time classic but it was a great end to 1998 lucha which when it cropped up, impressed me quite a bit. (****)

• 8 months later...

There is a Santo/Scorpio/Bestia vs Casas/Felino/Fiera trios from 7/10/98 that has Casas saving Santo from a beatdown from Bestia and Scorpio. There is a long drawn out moment where Casas gives Santo his kneepad for his injured arm, and Santo reluctantly shakes hands with Casas. Scorpio and Bestias subsequent celebration for turning on Santo was pretty great, and there is a really fun moment with a few fans hoisting Scorpio on their shoulder. The next week, Santo wrestles clean in the Santo/Villano III/Scropio vs Casas/Pantera/Fiera trios and eventually turns on his rudo teammates.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-12-18-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Felino vs Silver King & Villano IV & Villano V