Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground: Live as it happens

goodhelmet

AJ returning looking noticeably thin on an already incredibly tiny frame was kind of scary to see as well.

Paige has lost a bit of weight since Wrestlemania too.

There's a lot of pressure on them due to digital cameras, Twitter and Instagram.

Also people get addicted to exercising in a body dysmorphic way.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not a good sign that the future ruler of the kingdom posts twitter pics of himself working out all hours of the night. You get the impression everyone in WWE is expected to spend every waking non-in ring hour of their day in the gym or risk being seen as someone who doesn't really want it.

Thing about Paige and her vaunted by some UK Indy experience is that it wasn't any preparation for US Wrestling. She worked in a small ring, she never got any appreciable amount of offence in matches as her role was a tiny girl who got beat up - the only time that formula changed is when she would wrestle her mother and whatever reason she never seemed been taught how to sell (sell sympathetically and then eventually fire up) instead she just held her face with one hand and looked to be on the verge of crying. Something that has carried on in WWE where she "dies on the vine"/flops like a fish when selling.

she never seemed been taught how to sell (sell sympathetically and then eventually fire up) instead she just held her face with one hand and looked to be on the verge of crying.

This picture just popped up on my timeline!

BtFoT0dCMAA-2xm.png

This just made my entire day! :lol: :lol:

The reflexive need by some to jump to the aid of Paige and AJ is pretty funny. I'm not sure WWE's historic booking patterns have much to do with their failure last night. They were given time to work a decent PPV match. They failed in a major way.

When WWE Divas look like this http://tv.esquire.com/videos/71307-kacy-catanzaro-at-the-american-ninja-warrior-2014-dallas-finals and not like sticks and bones, then you'll know there is change afoot. Right now? AJ and Paige are just more of the same.

Everyone stop talking about Paige and watch this video.

Probably not a good sign that the future ruler of the kingdom posts twitter pics of himself working out all hours of the night. You get the impression everyone in WWE is expected to spend every waking non-in ring hour of their day in the gym or risk being seen as someone who doesn't really want it.

I never got that vibe from HHH's twitter at all actually but maybe that's naive of me. It just seems like it's something he's passionate about he therefore he tweets about it.

The reflexive need by some to jump to the aid of Paige and AJ is pretty funny. I'm not sure WWE's historic booking patterns have much to do with their failure last night. They were given time to work a decent PPV match. They failed in a major way.

When WWE Divas look like this http://tv.esquire.com/videos/71307-kacy-catanzaro-at-the-american-ninja-warrior-2014-dallas-finals and not like sticks and bones, then you'll know there is change afoot. Right now? AJ and Paige are just more of the same.

Everyone stop talking about Paige and watch this video.

Yeah, I posted this on Facebook a week or so ago... one of the most impressive athletic displays I have ever seen. I've seen that course fucking DESTROY excellent athletes. Matt Cross, who while short, is a hell of an athlete, completely fell apart trying to scale the wall. She blew through it first attempt.

Adding to the Paige Pile On she adjusts her hair incessantly between spots.

Watch an episode of NXT & take a shot everytime Sasha Banks does a hair flip...

This is a typical person with long hair thing, right? I've worked with my fair share of women and men with long hair and it seemed like any time we engaged in any physical exertion they were constantly flipping their hair out of their face.

I'm not as down on Paige as others, but her weaknesses/inexperience is noticeable.

At MITB, I was very annoyed by just how much yelling and grunting she does. Its just too damn much.

Last night, it wasn't as bad because it wasn't as constant...but what she was actually yelling ("C'mon, AJ!") was arguably worse than the non-descript moaning. The fact that the commentators also brought attention to how weird it was certainly didn't help matters.

As for her ring work, just like AJ I think we're talking about the best of a particularly average group on the current roster. As someone else said, I'm not sure either is that much more entertaining or dependable than Alicia Fox, who may not know a dozen holds, but can deliver a Lou Thesz Press, Scissors Kick, and Hair Toss well enough that I believe in her overall character. What is a Paige?

I'd also say that Naomi vs. Cameron, while not a better technical match, was more enjoyable to me. The story was more straight-up (why should it be complicated?), Naomi looked like she was laying into Cameron much more, and the finish made me want to see a rematch. AJ/Paige certainly didn't accomplish that.