Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Cancelled

Dylan Waco

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this rumor late this evening from a local promoter who books TNA talent. Talked to some other people tonight confirming it. TMZ just reported it. Russo was a big blow. Expect some bullshit excuses ASAP.

There were reports that Carter positioned to her staff at a meeting on Friday that they were leaving Spike on their own volition due to a lack of promotion, but others have confirmed Spike had told Carter they were not going to offer a new deal. Credit f4wonline.com

I wonder if the WWE has an interest in the tape library, I believe Spike owns all of the Impact footage. But really is there any footage they have that is really that worthwhile for the WWE? I don't think there is a lot of value adding old weekly TNA ppvs to the network.

TNA owns their own library.

Did Dave and Bryan give any new info on the show they just did?

The Russo fiasco wasn't the main reason but it was definitely a factor. Felt that having Bellator go from weekly to monthly shows probably caused a change in thinking TNA was necessary to help promote them every week. Also that there's probably only a handful of people who would have a chance to get spots in ROH or in Japan.