Pro Wrestling Only

Paul Heyman crowd sourcing

evilclown

Ask if he got in trouble in 91 for revealing info about the WCW/USWA title unification or if that was just dirtsheet bullshit.

I mean the only other legitimate question to ask him at this point is about Cesaro/Axel/Ryback and that seems like a dickish thing to do, even if it is a god damn albatross out there right now.

I guess maybe something like how Brock is actually a pretty good promo, so did he specifically ask for Heyman back just to deal with how terrible WWE creative is?

Maybe push a bit more on the Studio 54 timeline/story scope?

Matt - He actually talked a bit about all of that stuff in his interview on Austin's podcast (might have been Jim Ross's) this year. IIRC, Lesnar had him come back because he doesn't like cutting promos and that Heyman readily admits that Axel was put in a "no win" situation when they were paired together. I think he suggested that the same thing was true for Ryback as they both were put with Heyman just to job to Punk.

My questions for Heyman:

- Thoughts on the rivalry with Madusa, specifically calling her a whore at Halloween Havoc 92'. How did that play backstage? Scripted or not? What did Watts think?

- Was there ever any real truth to rumors about Heyman coming into TNA as head writer/booker? If so, when and how close was it to happening?

Matt - He actually talked a bit about all of that stuff in his interview on Austin's podcast (might have been Jim Ross's) this year. IIRC, Lesnar had him come back because he doesn't like cutting promos and that Heyman readily admits that Axel was put in a "no win" situation when they were paired together. I think he suggested that the same thing was true for Ryback as they both were put with Heyman just to job to Punk.

Yeah, but you were wrong on both counts, it was on Jericho's pod ;)

As a Paul Heyman guy.....I feel like he's talked about pretty much everything imaginable over the years. Ask him what kind of music he's into, and his favorite movies :)

- Add me for those who want to know about Continental and how the AJW girls didn't get to appear in ECW. Would have loved to have seen Paul's spin on women's wrestling.

- How would Paul save/fix wrestling in 2014?

- Anything more on Memphis or Continental. Would love to hear him talk about it, just can't pin down a specific question.

- He had a pretty random run in ICW in the early 90's. Any thoughts/stories on it?

Guest Eduardo James

- Add me for those who want to know about Continental and how the AJW girls didn't get to appear in ECW. Would have loved to have seen Paul's spin on women's wrestling.

Probably an army of angry lesbians lead by Kimona. Not sure why anyone would want to see one of the most misogynistic bookers' "spin" on women's wrestling.

I was going to start a new thread for this today, but this seems like as good a place to ask -

Heyman declines comment citing a gag order when in comes to talking about the WCW settlement in his new doc. Ross doesn't say much either but seems to imply it was frivolous. Was it reported on at the time what that was all about?

I was going to start a new thread for this today, but this seems like as good a place to ask -

Heyman declines comment citing a gag order when in comes to talking about the WCW settlement in his new doc. Ross doesn't say much either but seems to imply it was frivolous. Was it reported on at the time what that was all about?

Zero idea about US law and statute of limitations but Missy Hyatt still doesn't comment on her lawsuit either in fairness.

Watts campaigned for the job on the promise of getting Heyman fired. Kip Frey signed him to a contract paying him $250,000 per year. Watts hired a private investigator to follow Heyman on the road and they found him falsifying an expense report, which was the justification Watts needed to fire him. Heyman had his side of the story on that, but I don't remember specifics. Anyway, his dismissal led to a lawsuit and Heyman got a nice settlement. Heyman thought Bill Watts was anti-Semitic.

Bill Watts thought Paul Heyman (like Brian Pillman) was horribly overpaid when he came into WCW as head booker, Watts was looking for a reason to fire him in order to cut costs after Heyman refused to renegotiate his guaranteed contract and eventually did so over the belief that he had been falsifying expenses (the story was that he had allegedly been staying at his girlfriend's place in Atlanta whilst charging the company for hotel rooms). Heyman sued for unfair dismissal and apparently accused Watts of making anti-Semitic remarks in the lawsuit.