Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-02-22-WWF-Raw] The Undertaker vs Kane

Loss

• 2 months later...

JIP, and just the visual of this was probably enough to ensure that given the choice, your average channel flipper will stick with RAW. Vince gets a black package containing a teddy bear while doing commentary at ringside. This disturbs him enough to get up from the booth. Kane takes a pretty big bump into the announce table, although it was hardly "15 feet" like Michael Cole said. Kane wins the match while Vince agonizes over the teddy bear. Undertaker then burns the bear while Vince is despondent. Weird. We know where this is going, though - Stephanie McMahon will be debuting on TV soon.

• 1 month later...

This is my first real memory of wrestling on TV. I was at a neighbor's house and we were flipping through channels and we got to the replay of this on one of the weekend recap shows, probably on a local channel. It somewhat interested me and I had always had vague interest in wrestling and would flip through wrestling magazines in the grocery store etc, but it would still be a couple more months before I actually started watching RAW, mainly because I had no real idea what the shows were or when they were on.

Still, this is again just too silly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Rather than the match I could just remember Michael Cole shouting "What does it mean?". Not a great memory. Horrible acting from Vince. I was actually laughing throughout a lot of this thinking about Undertaker the taxi driver. Looking forward to that soon.

Paul Bearer really should have taught his son not to play with fire. How many times is this now he's been set alight?

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1999-02-22-WWF-Raw] The Undertaker vs Kane