Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-03-01-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 2 months later...

Flair does a great interview addressing David's turn. He mentions meeting a blonde in Raleigh, NC, 20 years who changed his life forever, and now she's sitting in Charlotte waiting on daddy to come home. Flair addresses his rematch with Hogan coming at Uncensored - a barbed-wire cage match for the World Title. Flair says America is going to get what they haven't had from a wrestling match in 10 years - they're going to load it up. It doesn't mean anything, but it's a cool way to make it seem like he's making some inside reference that wrestling used to be real and this match is going to be real. He makes sure Hogan knows how to "WHOOO" properly to close things out.

• 1 month later...

You can't really lose with these Flair promos. I feel like normally I'd be over a feud that ended like the Hogan/Flair match at Superbrawl did but this actually has me game to see it extended to the rematch. I like Flair talking about how they're gonna give the fans something they haven't seen in years and "load it up" -- hard to really know what he means but I kind of take it as a shot against the over produced glitz of 99 wrestling and saying he's gonna take it back to two guys beating the hell out of each other. Either way it's cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Once again, Flair is a flower springing out of a jar of dirt. Flair invokes every legend in the history of University of North Carolina sports and lays out the stipulations for Uncensored. Thank God this master of crowd control and beloved legend who's had his son turn on him will be turning heel soon for no reason. Flair and Gene do the best they can to say that there will be blood, without actually being able to do so.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-03-01-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Ric Flair