Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-04-05-WCW-Nitro] Raven & Perry Saturn vs Rey Misterio Jr & Billy Kidman

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes of the next match in the proto-Smackdown Six feud. Really great last few minutes, but I watched the whole thing and it didn't really pick up until then. Benoit and Malenko run in after a ref bump to attack Raven and Saturn, ensuring that Rey and Kidman retain the tag titles.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing says a floundering promotion like a facelift and new set/logo.

Saturn/Raven are doing a good job working over Kidman when we pick the match up and the crowd is into it. Saturn's splash looked great and Bobby and Tony are actually being a lot more cohesive this week and calling a good match. Hot tag to Rey and he does a great one bouncing around all over the place. Nut bronco buster shot gets a big pop and its a spot that looks good. All four guys are in the ring and the ref takes a bump. Saturn catches Rey into a nice Death Valley Driver. The Horseman run in and beat up Saturn allowing Rey/Kidman to retain. Fun stuff.

WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio & Kidman vs Raven & Saturn - WCW Nitro 4/5/99

Very entertaining spotfest. I like The Brain taking the mantle of "Stop hitting cool moves and pin the man!" In this case, I was enjoying the cool moves and thought it was a fun carwreck. The Doomsday Crossbody was awesome. I know just saw it recently, but now I can't remember where. I know it was in WCW. Saturn legdrop on a dangling Rey was killer. I thought Kidman's hot tag sequence was good, some really nice dropkicks and a nice forearm. Coming back from the commerical, HOLY SHIT, BELLY TO BELLY OVER THE TOP ROPE TO THE FLOOR! That was crazy. Drop toehold on the chair. Why do people try to powerbomb Kidman? Rey's hot tag is stopped by Raven outstretched foot to his groin. That was awesome. I have a really hard time taking Rey Rey seriously in this get up. He looks like he is 15. Saturn catches Rey into a wicked Death Valley Driver. The ref had gotten bump and the Horsemen take advantage with a diving headbutt to cost them match per what happened last week. Put some heat on their match for Spring Stampede. Fun stuff.

• 2 years later...

We join just in time to see Kidman take a loony belly-to-belly suplex over the top rope to the floor. Good action after that with Rey working a good hot tag and a good tease of a finish when Saturn catches Rey on the springboard huracanrana and drops him with the DVD, but the Horsemen cost Raven & Saturn the tag belts. I can deal with this being the tag division even as the rest of the company sinks into the quagmire.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-04-05-WCW-Nitro] Raven & Perry Saturn vs Rey Misterio Jr & Billy Kidman