Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Podmass Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just wants to mention thanks for these updates Joe, they are super useful.

I'd never have known about the Buddy Landell one without this column. He's hilarious too.

Incidentally, the story about Miss Elizabeth being 300lbs at one time seems like total BS: http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=143172;p=0

Hi Joe, two things:

1. Who is the "Ted" you mention in the Jericho interview?

2. How would you rank the podcasts overall?

1. Oops, that's in regard to Ted Irvine, who was on last week's show. I used a template for the column and didn't erase that part from last week.

2. It's hard to rank, because a lot of them are dependent on the guest that week. Cornette's usually pretty good, but he had an awesome guest in Jim MItchell that made it the best of the week. Jericho is probably #1 right now, because he has access to both the current WWE roster and a lot of guys like Hogan. I still enjoy Colt a lot too. Austin used to easily be the best, but I guess due to his busy schedule he doesn't have a lot of guests, and is just as apt to talk to Ted Fowler or take calls. JR has great guests but he just hammers the same points over and over again. Piper and Goldberg are the most skippable.

Court already has TWO regular podcasts to discuss current events, and theres nothing about his time on the writing team you havent heard a thousand other places, so this was a waste.

While I'd imagine its a rareity among those who read the column, don't assume that someone that listens to Austin shows listens to other wrestling themed shows, especially the ones Court hosts.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/04/03/wrestling-podmass-april-3/

Mania coverage o'plenty.

Also, I'm hoping to bring the Funtime Arcade to Cleveland for a wrestling convention this summer, and need a little help with money. If you like the stuff I do and would like to contribute, check out the link below. If not, don't worry, we're still cool.

http://www.gofundme.com/qgbn9s

Regal on Jericho's show was awesome. I love that my take on what a "great worker" is what Regal says a "great worker" is. And that Regal is so awesome about taking all responsibility for every bad thing that he went through, as well as him saying that it's all show business, and that he always treated wrestling as show business is so great.

Oh, and his story about how he knew how to work a crowd based on if he saw more families and kids walking to the ring or lots of young dudes and how Eddie could do it based on just listening at the curtain is my favorite thing I've heard in forever.