Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-06-14-WCW-Nitro] No Limit Soldiers announcement

Loss

• 2 months later...

Gene Okerlund announces the Master P signing at a press conference. Yeah, that's a cool guy to make an announcement like that. Bischoff is there to represent WCW. WHY? HE HAS NO STORYLINE POWER. Konnan and Rey are in attendance. The No Limit Soldiers are in WCW, which isn't a bad idea. Bischoff talks about the positive approach they have, and I guess he's on board with making 'em say uhhh.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Swoll is being put over already. My past shame is that in high school I was an obsessive Smashing Pumpkins fan and a regular reader of their old Usenet newsgroup, on which a quasi-feud erupted between Pumpkins fans and Master P fans because both of them were releasing albums at the same time and both fanbases wanted to be #1 on the Billboard charts. And that and his work as a sports agent is about my entire familiarity with Mr. P. Again, hitching onto him isn't a horrible idea in the abstract but this is carried out in about as uncool of a manner as possible. Chad is right about Mean Gene--"...of such hits as 'I Miss My Homies'..." was an LOLworthy moment in a veritable sea of LOLworthy WCW moments these past couple of weeks.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-06-14-WCW-Nitro] No Limit Soldiers announcement