Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-06-14-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage

Loss

• 2 months later...

More Eric rambling. This was announced as Nash vs Sid all night, but Savage shows up instead. WCW isn't really in a position where they have enough goodwill to be doing a bait-and-switch on their advertised main events. Savage demands the belt and Nash offers it to him before slugging him. Gorgeous George distracts Nash long enough for a low blow. No heat - this feud is a disaster. Now Sid comes out and tries to attack Nash, who meets him head on. Crowd chants for Goldberg the whole time. No shit. Sting finally makes the save. Why are babyfaces already getting the best of Sid one night after debuting?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nash in his tie-dye and leather pants is just the coolest motherfucker ever. I know this because Bischoff tries to put over his booking talent, calling him a "great mind," and putting the 39-year old Nash over as the "possible future of wrestling." Savage substitutes for Sid because reasons. "YOU ARE AT THE CROSSROADS OF A VICIOUS CAREER." God, Savage has NOTHING. Savage claims he pinned Nash last night but doesn't even come off well in a Hollywood Hogan delusional-heel sense. This crowd is not particularly happy about getting this instead of their announced main event. We get an exact replay of last night with Nash beating up Savage's ladies while Savage can't do anything, only for Sid to run in. Sting makes the save.

Like I said after the Fingerpoke, this is pretty much all new to me. I've decided that I will not get overly angry at WCW now, and my laugh-filled reactions to what I've seen of this time period seem to support that. No matter how bad Bischoff's commentary gets, or how bad the booking gets, or how bad the execution of the bad booking gets...as ElP did his best to do I'm just going to enjoy the ride and the after-the-fact schadenfreude when this all comes crashing down on Eric's head.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-06-14-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage