Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play Rewind

Find my general announcement about "Rewind Month" on the PWO-PTBN feed here.

Over the next month, I'll be pulling out key matches from the review archive to give people a quick and easy reference point, and also as a kind of service for new listeners who might feel a bit put off by the prospect of listening to 100+ hours. And maybe some long-time listeners might enjoy reliving some "highlights". Kind of like bite-size podcasts, or podcasting fast food. The idea is one a day, but I can't promise that.

First up is Magnum vs. Tully from Starrcade 85: https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer/wtbbp-rewind-magnum-ta-vs-tully-blanchard

I'll post new ones in this thread as a general catalogue. Eventually, I'll get a linked archive page built over at PTBN.

Flair vs. Steamboat (Clash 6): https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer/where-the-big-boys-play-rewind-ric-flair-vs-ricky-steamboat-clash-6

A few notes on this:

1. The first 5-6 mins is actually from the Clash 5 review when we were discussing the dynamic between the two characters in the feud. I mention that I was married in 2010 to a girl I'd been going out with from the age of 17. At the time of recording I'd just turned 30. In a couple of weeks I'll turn 32, and will have been divorced for a year. A year during which ... let's just say I've been much closer to Flair than to Steamboat, so it was interesting listening back to this.

2. Chad and I talked about this match more and longer than any other, so this is not the FULL review, there's about 20 minutes or so chopped out. If you want it in full, go back to WTBBP #34, it's about 1 hour 30 minutes in.

3. Including in this is the "Four Faces of Flair" talking point, which if you want to read more about is in the Flair vs. Bret Microscope thread. I would link it, but I actually can't bear to look at it any more, my heart can't take it.