Pro Wrestling Only

El Satanico

Grimmas

Most of the AAA I suggested got taken down. Sorry.

Dang, no worries. The Estrada match is online. I know I've read before that you didn't like it and blamed Estrada, but I'm still intrigued by that to see what Estrada does and what Satanico does with an opponent having a crappy performance. There's a Satanico vs Estrada vs Pirata match from 93 that I'm going to watch as well.

Looking at the yearbook threads, I know you're down on the Lizmark matches as well but they are still long Satanico singles matches, so I'm cautiously excited.

Maybe the Perro vs Satanico match from 94 will resurface one day. That would have been a dream match for me circa 1985.

Even with all the gaps in footage and no footage before 83, there is actually a good deal of Satanico out there from a long period of time where he's playing multiple roles. Plus I haven't even gotten to the truly great stuff.

Thanks for all the recommendations and guidance!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree with Matt about the Satanico/Parka/Psicosis team. There's a ton of potential there. Matt, you should watch that Infierno en el Ring match too. :)

I am going to make sure to watch pretty much every match in this note, that included. Glad you liked the AAA trios. I went nuts for the masks reversal.

That was so great. I also loved the spot where Santo leaps up on Psicosis' shoulders as though he's going to go for a victory roll, Satanico charges to break it up and so Santo hits Satanico with a sunset flip from a seated position off of Psicosis. Really neat spot that looked really fluid in spite of some obvious trainwreck potential.

The finish of that last match I watched when Satanico rips the mask off of a flying Octagon is really awesome. Incredible timing to pull it off.

Estrada vs. Morgan was designed to get heat on the seconds. It's not that surprising that the match wasn't good. In the three-way, Estrada escapes fairly early, and the Satanico vs. Morgan portion is kind of a preview of their hair match. It's nowhere near as bad as that mano a mano.

On a broader Satanico note, I don't really like his tecnico run that much. The tag match with Dandy against the Infernales is awesome, but the apuestas match later that year isn't anything special, and I wasn't a fan of him in all of those tecnicos vs. tecnicos trios matches in 1990. Those matches are all about one-on-one exchanges, and his generally disappointed me. Yeah, he was a 40-year-old in a workrate match, but I don't recall any killer mat exchanges from him, either - just an endless series of armbar takedowns. Chavo Guerrero was a lot better in the same role earlier that year.

Satanico/Estrada/Parka vs Lizmark/Octagon/Mascara Sagrada 6/11/93

I was really digging this match and then there's just an out of nowhere low blow finish really quickly into the third fall. After being dominated in the first fall in the prior match, the rudo's jump the technico's to start this and we get some really intense brawling. Eventually the technico's fight back and the first fall is really spectacular. Satanico vs Octagon is the focal point of this match and it is great. Satanico eats all of Octagon's spots beautifully in the first fall. Everything looks great. 2nd fall, Satanico has had enough of this shit and he brings the pain to Octagon. He's dragging Octagon around by that tassle, tying him up in the ropes and punching him in the face. The ref tries to untie Octagon so Satanico slaps his hand a few times. Eventually Octagon is freed but Satanico just continues to drag him around beating the crap out of him. 3rd fall was going well and then boom it's over. That was frustrating but this was the sort of trios match I was hoping to find. Satanico gets a lot of time with a limited but flashy worker and makes him look great and when the time comes to take over, Satanico is tremendous dominating his weakened opponent. La Parka was also terrific in this. Even in a limited role he can't help but shine. Also wanted to say the crowd is going crazy this whole match. Definite recommendation.

Man, talk about a rudo dream team I found Satanico/La Park/Fuerza Guerrera vs Lizmark/Mascara Sagrada/Volador 2/15/94

The opening segment with Satanico vs Lizmark was very interesting. They were working holds but really struggling and and working slowly (not at all in a bad way) for reversals. Not something you see a whole lot of in lucha. Especially not the very beginning of the match. Next time they meet in the first fall they're back to running the ropes working really fast and thats also good. There's a point where Satanico fakes getting hit in the nuts, then La Parka comes in and does the same and then Fuerza comes in and I'm just waiting for him to take a backdrop and point to his groin or something but it never happens. I feel robbed. Fuerza and La Parka interacting with each other as teammates is a wonderful thing though so I don't feel too robbed. Satanico is very good again here but I think Parka and Fuerza were pretty clearly the more interesting workers in this. If someone wants to go through all of the La Parka trios matches like I'm doing for Satanico, this would be a great example of La Parka looking like a great worker in 1994.

I've put together a list of Satanico matches on youtube excluding the one's already linked to and talked about in this thread. I figure it'll make things easier for me as I go through this. It is around 60+matches. It is possible there are more matches out there but if so, they're hard to find. If anyone wants to go on a Satanico watching binge let me know and I will forward the list to them.

I know there are more Satanico matches out there, especially from the 80s. I can't find complete footage of the 80s matches against Atlantis, Lizmark, Koshinaka, and Super Astro on youtube. There are also some trios missing that made the 80s set. There are long singles matches and obviously a ton of trios matches. Most of these videos look like they're 20+minutes. So I've got some Satanico to watch.

Satanico, Emilio Charles Jr, Hijo del Santo vs Negro Casas, Mr Niebla, Shocker

Short match but pretty fun. This is really about Santo vs Casas so it is good. Satanico probably works less than 4 minutes total in this match. He does look good as a base for Niebla and Shocker to work flashy spots around. He's mostly a background player in this match until the end when he and Emilio Charles turn on each other and start brawling while Santo gets tripled teamed. The Satanico/Charles brawling part was probably the most fun part of the match. Santo and Casas had a pretty awkward moment at the end of the first fall believe it or not.

Satanico, Bestia Salvaje, Scorpio Jr vs Lizmark, Brazo de Oro, Felino 10/11/97

Another short match. Not really good or memorable honestly. Unless you want to watch Bestia Salvaje spent an entire match trying to bite off Lizmark's nipple, I would avoid this.

Satanico vs Satoru Sayama 10/10/97

This was so much better than I expected it to be. Satanico does a great job selling all of Sayama's flashy kicks. He has a nice section where he cheats to dominate Sayama early on (even hitting his awesome apron to the floor senton on Sayama) before the inevitable Sayama shrug off and no sell. Even after that, Satanico does such a good job of selling Sayama's offense and getting in a few hope spots here and there that this is a fun watch. This is another short match, like 6 or 7 minutes and it is not great. But it was so much better than I figured it would be considering it is a Sayama match.

Satanico, Emilio Charles Jr, Kamala vs Atlantis, El Dandy, Rayo de Jalisco Jr 8/3/91

This was a total blast. Satanico and El Dandy brawl all over and bring the hate. Atlantis looks tremendous in this working with both Satanico and Emilio Charles Jr. Oh and there's freaking Kamala! This is so much fun to see the Kamala interactions with everyone on the technico team but especially El Dandy. Satanico looked awesome in this and the match was really good.

Satanico, Canek, Atlantis vs Mephisto, Averno, Dr Wagner Jr 5/28/04

Another really short match. This had a really hot crowd. Canek actually worked a lot of the match. He looked like a freaking zombie whenever he was about to bump or run and then he hit a flying cross body off the top. Go figure. This is ok for what it is. Satanico still bumps around and moves well. He hits his awesome senton off the apron to the floor in this in what was probably the highlight of the match. Half of the video is this match the other half is Vampiro vs Perro Aguyao Jr which I didn't watch because I was pissed. I wanted 10 more minutes of this match. It was pretty fun while it lasted.

Satanico, Black Warrior, Villiano III vs Tinieblas Jr, Felino, Negro Casas

I thought this was ok. Kind of boring and not really grabbing me early on but by the end it had picked up and became an enjoyable match. Satanico was mostly paired up with Tinieblas Jr who looks like an alien in this because he's so tall compared to everyone. And because he might be an alien. I thought Satanico did a good job with Tinieblas but Casas was the star of the match. Not super memorable but worth watching.

Satanico, Negro Casas, Felino vs Averno, Mephisto, Super Crazy 2004

Really short brawling sprint. Ok match. Satanico gets jumped before Felino or Casas make it down but this is really too short to have any real drama. Satanico looks perfectly fine in this. If anyone stood out I would say it was Casas. His running boot to the face is one of my favorite moves in wrestling. Felino is led to the ring by a midget wearing basically a blue chewbacca outfit. So that is something.

Satanico, MS-1, Pirata Morgan vs Los Hermanos Dinamita 7/9/93

This was about 20 minutes so it had plenty of time to develop. I liked this match a whole lot. Rudos vs Rudos in a brawling match is definitely speaking my language and these 6 kick the crap out of each other. Most guys bleed which is what you want from a bunch of shit kicking rudos. Cien Caras looked great for his team and Satanico proved to be king of the rudos by taking this match with a low blow. Really fun brawl with a hot crowd. Definitely worth watching.

Satanico, Negro Casas, Emilio Charles Jr vs Hijo del Santo, Ultimo Dragon, Corazon de Leon

This was a really good match. Satanico was matched up with Jericho early on and it did not look good. Jericho appeared to get lost and blew a few spots. After that it picked up though. Jericho recovered and hit a bunch of flashy spots and posed a lot. When Satanico was matched up with Ultimo Dragon they had a breathtaking exchange. This match was all about Santo vs Casas so it is worth watching. Satanico has a very good performance in this match. Allowing it to be about Santo vs Casas but still doing little things to add to their story like running in to attack Santo any time he gets an advantage so Casas can continue brutally kicking him in the face. Seriously Casas throws some fucking nasty kicks to Santo's face/head. Really brutal match. Definitely worth watching for Santo/Casas and for a very nice supporing performance from Satanico.

Satanico, Emilio Charles Jr, Rey Bucanero vs Dr Wagner Jr, Black Warrior, Apolo Dantes

This was a one fall match that was pretty much a workrate sprint. Satanico is easily the star of the match. He pairs up with Dr Wagner Jr and they have a very good opening mat work exchange. It isn't Blue Panther vs Santo level but very good and fluid. When the match picks up Satanico cuts a fast pace and really dominates Wagner Jr. Satanico hits his senton off the apron which is one of my favorite spots. Not as good overall as the previous match but Satanico takes a bigger role in this one.

Satanico, Pirata Morgan, MS-1 vs El Dandy, Konnan, Octagon 11/15/91

One fall match that is a total blast even with Konnan and Octagon involved. Rudo's dominate the first portion of the match. The Infernales do a lot of really fun double/triple team spots with Satanico doing a lot of directing the action. All of the Infernales looked great in this match. Satanico is great cutting off technico hope spots and slowing the match down for bits before picking it back up. Once the technicos take over, the pace quickens and the Infernales are incredible working as bases for the flashy technicos. I think Satanico works extremely well with Octagon here. The audio sucks on this video but you can tell the crowd is going crazy. Really fun match. I shouldn't be so surprised when 4 out of the 6 guys are really great workers.

Satanico and Emilio Charles Jr vs Universo 2000 and Mr Niebla

Probably the least of the matches I've watched. Not really bad, just kinda "meh." This is a one fall 8 minute match as part of a tournament. I don't know the date(s) or any other participants though. Hooray random matches. Satanico looked the best of anyone in the match. He worked some pretty nice exchanges with Mr Niebla, but really this isn't much of anything.

Satanico, Kamala, Pierroth Jr vs Ringo Mendoza, Black Magic, and Rayo de Jalisco Jr 3/24/91

Another short match here. Kamala in CMLL is so much fun, but this isn't at the level of the last Kamala match I watched. Still a lot of fun. Satanico matches up with Ringo Mendoza and they are the highlight of the match from a work perspective. I really wish there was a singles title match between those two floating around out there. Ringo is a guy who has impressed me everytime I've watched him. Really nice back and forth spots between those two. Before I started this match I had totally forgotten that Black Magic was Norman Smiley so that definitely adds some joy to this. He and Pierroth build really nicely to Norman's german suplex. Everytime Norman would get a rear waist lock, Pierroth would bail so when Norman finally hit the german, you knew it would end the first fall. Enjoyable match with Satanico looking really good as usual.

Satanico, Espectro Jr, Ice Killer vs Hijo del Santo, Angel Azteca, Super Muneco 1/8/94

Ive never seen or heard of Ice Killer so I don't know anything about it. He wears a Jason Mask and carries a hockey stick to the ring which he uses to beat up the technicos. Wayne Gretzky is mentioned on commentary. I hope it was something like "Ice Killer is a better hockey player than Wayne Gretzky" or "Ice Killer beat up Wayne Gretzky and took his stick" or "Ice Killer was trained by Wayne Gretzky" or even better "That could be Wayne Gretzky under the mask." I gotta learn Spanish just so I can know. This is a really forgettable match. I would say Espectro Jr probably looked the best of anyone but this was pretty dull. Ice Killer was really the focal point for his team and he didn't look good.

El Satanico, Negro Casas, Bestia Salvaje vs El Dandy, Apolo Dantes, Ultimo Dragon 8/14/92

Satanico and Salvaje lierally kick El Dandy into submission which is phenomenal. Ultimo spends the entire first fall selling the shit out of his leg and submitting and then sells it a little in the 2nd before blowing it off and going kick crazy. Then later he goes back to selling his leg after hitting Casas with the jumping spin kick. Thats irritating. Negro Casas looks excellent here. Great selling, really explosive work and he is great interacting with the crowd. Satanico and Dandy had some predictably nice moments together. This was good but a slight let down considering it has 3 of my all time favorites in Satanico, Casas, and Dandy.

Infernales vs Brazos 11/22/91

Really great match. Pretty much everything you would want from a trios title match between two great teams. Great mat work, comedy, big bumps and dives, a super hot crowd etc. Great spots built around Super Porky's size. I'm surprised no one was killed on his tope. Satanico is out of this world great working the mat and selling, but this match is a feather in the cap of all these guys. Great match. Probably the best match I've watched for this project so far.

Satanico, Apolo Dantes, Dr. Wagner Jr vs Emilio Charles Jr and The Headhunters

Pretty short match. Not exactly good overall but watchable and another good performance with Satanico who has an issue going on with Emilio Charles Jr. They do some intense brawling and when that's not happening, Satanico is leading the charge in setting up the Headhunters for repeated dropkicks, closelines, etc to try and chop down the monsters. Finish really came out of nowhere.

Satanico, Pirata Morgan, Mascara Ano 2000 vs El Dandy, Sangre Chicana, El Faraon 11/12/90

My only complaint is that this didn't last 40 minutes. This was in the middle of the Satanico/Dandy and Morgan/Faraon feuds so those 4 kick the crap out of each other with El Dandy getting a little bloodied in the first fall. Chicana isn't a featured player in this but he looks really good. He's probably the best wobbly legged "i just got hit really hard" seller I've ever seen. And he destroys Mascara Ano 2000 with his tope of death. This was under 15 minutes but it was really fun. I should have saved this to watch in context with the rest of the Satanico/Dandy feud, which I'll get to later, but it jumped out at me and I'm glad I watched it. Good stuff from everyone.

Satanico, MS-1, Masakre vs Chavo, Eddie, Mando Guerrero 8/23/91

This was a good match, but at the same time kind of a let down for my expectations. Not great but definitely a good, basic match. I feel like the US territories experience Chavo and Mando here really shines through the way they isolate Satanico and work over his knee. Nothing they did would be out of place in a Midnights vs Rock n Roll Express match which was pretty interesting in this setting. The Infernales make their comeback working side headlocks but being slightly rougher with their execution of holds than the Guerreros. When I watch Satanico in a match like this I can see him fitting into a US territory in the 80s without skipping a beat. He could really do everything. This was also neat to see Eddie doing a running frog splash that looks exactly like his top rope one later and the Guerrero's actually won this with a frog splash. I guess he did not learn that from Art Barr. :)

Satanico, Lizmark, El Faraon vs Cien Caras, La Fiera, Chavo Guerrero 10/27/89 2nd and 3rd falls

This made it online in July and has under 175 views which is pretty cool. I've found a few matches that have only popped up in the last 3-4 monthes which I think is pretty cool. What's shown of the match isn't all that good. Satanico is working babyface in this and I will say I think he's good as a technico getting roughed up but can give it back because he's spent his career as a top heel. I would have liked to see the first fall which I assume was a technico dominated fall. The rudo brawling here was pretty aimless and not very interesting. Faraon is a phenomenal puncher.

Satanico, Emilio Charles Jr, Black Warrior vs Atlantis, Lizmark, El Dandy 3/15/97

I loved this. Based on how it is worked it seems Black Warrior and Atlantis are having issues but Satanico is the star of the match. We get a rudo dominated 1st fall with lots of brawling and Satanico leading the way for his team. Then when the technicos make their comeback in the 2nd fall you get some beautiful exchanges between Lizmark and Satanico. El Dandy vs Satanico is always a pleasure and Dandy looks tremendous here. Satanico looks just as fast and crisp in his movements as he did in the 80s. He was 47 years old in this match. Black Warrior takes some crazy bumps. Hot crowd. This was real good.

Satanico, MS-1, Pirata Morgan vs Konna, Dos Caras, Atlantis 12/91

Holy shit I loved this too! The first fall is terrific as the Infernales dominate and they just bring so much to the table. Brawling, wrestling, flying. There is literally nothing those 3 guys can't do in the ring. Their timing is so good on everything. Really good stuff. Konnan actually blows two armdrags in the 2nd fall and gets booed loudly the 2nd time. The Infernales cover for it well both times, immediately pouncing on Konnan and taking over for a little stretch before letting him take over the firs time. The second time he got out of there pretty quick and didn't come back in for a long time. Which is awesome. Because Atlantis came in and was like "this idiot just blew two arm drags in under 90 seconds, I gotta turn this shit up to 11!" And he just goes crazy. Flying all around the ring looking smooth as fuck and moving at lightening speed. Atlantis actually works a lot of the match for his team but Caras looked good when he was in there. Really good match that I woul strongly recommend in spite of Konnan. Konnan does bring some tremendous hair to the table here so there's that.

I wanted to jump back to super old man Satanico from the mid-late 2000s because most of the other 90s stuff I have are big singles matches (vs. Pirata, two vs Lizmark, vs Pierroth, vs Kato Kung Lee, vs Estrada, vs Garza) or stuff from 1990 that I'm going to go through in order. So I figured I'd knock out these more recent matches first and see if there's anything that stands out.

Satanico, Brazo de Oro, Blue Panther vs Pierroth, Emilio Charles Jr, Misterioso II 6/25/06

Satanico is 56 in this match. He works most of the match with Misterioso II who looks really terrible. This is short and not good. Satanico spends most of the first half othe match selling but the beating Misterioso is dishing out is not very interesting. A lot of standing in the corner choking. The crowd wants to see Satanico come back and get revenge and he does some ok spots where he's setting the rudos up for double teams and what not which is nice....but this just isn't very good.

Satanico and Malefico vs Blue Panther and Neutron 1/4/09

Satanico is 59 here. When I put together a my giant list of Satanico matches this one jumped out at me as an old man Satanico match that I was looking forward to. I have never heard of Malefico or Neutron before let alone seen them, I just figured we would get some good Satanico/Panther stuff. And we certainly did. This starts with those two in the ring taking it to the mat. It's not mindblowingly great stuff but it is really good considering Satanico is 59 years old. Blue Panther has really awesome facial expressions. After they leave the ring Malefico and Neutron come in and do some fast paced stuff and it's entertaining but Satanico finally says "fuck this," trips Neutron, and runs in to attack him from behind. This turns the match into more of a brawl. Satanico has some nice comedy spots; eating a bulldog and claiming foul and taking a plancha from Blue Panther who has been backdropped out of the ring by Malefico. Neutron hits a completely insane moonsault from the top rope to the floor. This isn't a great match but it is a good example of Satanico being able to look good exchanging holds while adding character to the match using his brain. Nice example of old man Satanico.

Satanico, Nosferatu, Euforia vs Virus, Leono, Valiente 4/28/07

Satanico is 57 here. I don't think I've ever seen Virus but I know he's supposed to be great. Never heard of the other 4. I haven't seen much modern lucha and what I have watched has been primarily old dudes. So I don't know if these young guys always work like this but there are some ridiculously dangerous spots and dives in this. This match is basically Nosferatu and Euforia vs Leono and Valiente in a workrate spring doing insane spots while Satanico and Virus add the personality to the match. When they first square off after a fast paced opening segment, Satanico slows the match down, walks over to the corner to talk strategy with the young guys. So Virus hits an armdrag and the two rudos run in and immediately attack him from behind. Satanico leads the double and triple teams as they take each technico out one after another. Satanico works a nice back and forth section with Virus in the third fall where he bumps well, gets back up quickly and is back running the ropes. It's not very long but it is impressive athleticism for a 57 year old man. The video is 23minutes but with the pre and post match as well as brief commercials between falls, this is actually pretty short. But I really enjoyed watching it. This sort of match is probably super easy for Satanico. But it's another one that shows how smart he is.

Satanico, Nosferatu, Euforia vs Virus, La Mascara, Mictlan 5/12/07

This was more of an angle than a match really. Satanico completely disses Virus. Blows him off. Refuses to lock up or do anything. Whenever Virus gets in the right, the rudo's use bullying and intimidation because of the size difference while refusing to actually fight him. This leads to the La Mascara and Mictlan basically working 2 on 3 and getting double and tripled teamed while Virus stands in the corner. Finally they get fed up and attack Virus who fights back making it 4 on 2. Virus stands their watching as La Mascara and Mictlan are put into really painful looking submissions and lose the match. Rudo's take two straight falls. I actually thought this was pretty good and the way Satanico was blowing off Virus really makes me want to see them have a match.

Satanico possesses a pretty lady. 2001

Vignette that aired during the Satanico vs Ultimo Guerrero/Rey Bucanero etc feud talked about on the first page. Hysterical.

Satanico, Blue Panther, Hijo del Lizmark vs Averno, Mephisto, Ephesto not sure on the date but If I had to guess I'd 2003-2004.

This was pretty forgettable. The work itself wasn't bad but this kind of struck me as a an average TV match. Not much to say about this really. CMLL was using a referee cam in this and what a terrible idea that was. I will add one thing...I used to see Meltzer praise HHH a lot for his "positioning" in the ring and I thought it was just bullshit. But Satanico has great ring positioning. :) He's great at timing his movements and being in just the right place to eat a big spot. He never seems lost and hardly ever misses a beat. Very consistent. This match isn't the best example ever of that but it is something I wanted to mention.

Satanico, Marco Corleone, Hijo del Lizmark vs Olipico, Pierroth, Universo 2000 3/4/07

Ugh this wasn't good. Mostly built around the rudo's dominating Hijo del Lizmark and Marco Corleone, neither of whom look very impressive. Satanico still throws a really good punch and from watching some other old man Satanico matches, I know he can bring some things to the table but he really doesn't do anything to make this enjoyable. But nobody else did either ;)

Satanico, Alan Stone, Angel Azteca vs Averno, Mephisto, Arkangel de la Muerte 2003

This was much better than the last two matches. Short brawling match. Satanico's team is attacked before the bell and Satanico is actually beat down and laid out on the way to the ring. So when he finally makes his comeback the crowd is going nuts. Satanico looks great here selling and making firey comebacks. Too short to be special or great but this is definitely entertaining and worth watching.

Satanico, Lizmark Sr, Mictlan vs Emilio Charles Jr, Pierroth, Shiego Okumura 1/14/07

I went into this with really low expectations but came out of it thinking it was a really good Satanico performance. This is built around the rudo's dominating using Pierroth's belt. Choking and whipping the technico's until they slowly make a comeback, get the belt and get some payback. Satanico does a great job selling the beating and then returning the favor and has some really great facials in this. Satanico actually wins the match by tricking the ref into thinking Pierroth kicked him in the nuts. This is another good example of Satanico doing a good job structuring and adding to the match using his brain. Lizmark, even as old as he is here, is sooooooooo much better than his kid. I may need to do an Atlantis/Lizmark comparison. This is worth watching and a good Satanico performance.

Thanks soup and Phil! I'll be back later today with more matches :)

It's great. Once I free up some more time I will watch everything posted, since Satanico is someone who has a shot at number one.

Thanks! It's gong to be 80+ matches by the time I'm done so start carving that time out :) I am starting to run out of post 2000 matches on youtube though. However I just watched....

Satanico vs El Dandy 3/2014

I thought this was fucking awesome. I've never seen a Lucha match in such a small setting before. The match is basically shot in the ring so you get to see these two legends work up close and personal. The opening mat work is really good. They struggle for each hold and counter and add some nice little touches like Satanico grinding his elbow into Dandy's back and things like that. Eventually, Dandy pushes Satanico's face away to help alleviate the pressure on a hold and that just pisses Satanico off. Dandy does it several times and Satanico slaps his hand away each time. Finally Satanico gets sick of El Dandy touching his face so he lets Dandy up so he can talk shit right to his face. Then Satanico cheap shots him and this turns into punching, stomping, kneeing, etc. They work really tight and the selling from both guys is excellent so with the super close up camera work this feels like a big epic match even though it took place in front of probably less than 150 people. Who are all super into everything these guys do. (Also, it is totally bizarre to me that a lucha crowd WOOOOs at chops). This isn't the best match I've watched so far, but I'm really really glad I found it. Really cool stuff. Satanico is 64 years old in this match.

Satanico, Joe Lider, Rey Templario vs Scoria, Fulgor, Mascara Sagrada Jr 6/29/14

Oh my god this shit would not end. For as much as I loved the last match I fucking hated this. Similar set up. Really small building, filmed basically in the ring. Not really ideal for a 6 man tag. Satanico spends a lot of time out on the apron and doesn't do anything really impressive when he is in the ring. The other 5 guys I thought looked awful. Either really sloppy and loose or unnecessarily stiff. The worst part of this is that whoever posted the video decided to dub some nu-metal crap over the sound. Take a bad match and then add the worst music ever...(I watched it on mute but would occasionally turn the sound on hoping it would end...it didn't ugggh) and this is a terrible segment. Nobody else make the mistake of watching this. Yikes.

This was actually the last post 2000 Satanico match I've been able to find on youtube. If I come across anymore, I will definitely watch them. If anyone else finds anything, please either post it or PM me the link because I want to watch that shit. Everyone should watch that El Dandy match I just watched though. That was really good.

I was poking around youtube trying to see if I could find anything I might have missed or to see if anything new has popped up in the last few days. Sure enough I found something pretty cool that was uploaded on 10/11 and has a grand total of 6 views. And I clicked on the page twice.

Not a match but hopefully building to a Satanico vs Solar singles match that could be really interesting. Short video starts with Satanico beating up Solar. Then he grabs the mic and cuts a long promo. Then he beats up Solar some more. Then he starts to leave and Solar grabs the mic and talks shit back. Keep your fingers crossed for an old man Satanico vs old man Solar match!

Satanico, Apolo Dantes, Dr Wagner Jr vs Perro Aguayo, Ringo Mendoza, Emilio Charles Jr 2000

This must have been clipped because we don't see the finish of the 2nd fall. This is only about 7 1/2 minutes but I loved it. Total brawl. There's an awesome spot in the first fall when the rudo's are dominating the match and put Mendoza and Charles in the tree of woe while Wagner and Perro brawl on the outside. So Satanico and Dantes go out and drag Perro back in the ring and ram him headfirst into the stomach's of Mendoza and Charles. One thing Satanico always does that I really like is when his team has someone set up in the corner and are taking turns running across the ring and clotheslining the guy in the corner, Satanico will stand in front of the guy in the corner until the last second just to make sure he doesn't escape. It's smart and something he did all the time. What we see of this is really good. Satanico mostly works with Ringo Mendoza doing back and forth rope running, arm drags, hip tosses, etc. It looks really good and Satanico can really move for a 50 year old. Has Ringo been nominated yet? This match really was about Perro Aguayo. And he was awesome as the crusty old bad ass. He and Wagner Jr just stiffed the fuck out of each other. Perro bled a little. He even hit a tope. Perro Aguayo is like the lucha Tenryu of 2000. Just an old grumpy bastard who will let you hit him as hard as he can but you better make it count because he's going to hit back twice as hard. I might watch all the Perro matches online when I finish with Satanico. He's not a #1 contender like Satanico, but he's someone I really like and his work got shit on for years and years. He's had some really great matches and I'd like to see if he has more stuff like this out there. It'll be him or Sangre Chicana next for me. Anyway, what's shown of this match is really fun and another great example of Satanico as a 50+year old man looking awesome.

Satanico, Hijo de Gladiator, Gran Markus Jr vs Negro Casas, TAKA Michinoku, Super Porky 5/30/97

Satanico is only 47 in this match. I wonder if Satanico and Taka had ever worked together before because they were matched up in the first fall and looked good until they flubbed the timing on an armdrag. Satanico did a pretty good job covering for it. When they match up to start the 2nd fall, Satanico slows it down and actually works a test of strength spot with Taka before kneeing him in the gut and taking over with punching. Good spot and smart to slow it down and cut off Taka instead of doing more rope running spots. There's a great comedy spot where Super Porky comes in and Satanico is just slapping the shit out of him and Porky is totally no selling it and then grabs Satanico and gives him a bunch of headbutts driving him across the ring. Satanico's selling is really expressive and comical here and the crowd loves it. There's another great comedy spot with Satanico, Porky and Gladiator where Porky has Gladiator trapped in the corner but Satanico keeps kicking/headbutting Porky in the stomach and every time he does, Porky gives Gladiator a big butt bump and squashes him. Gran Markus Jr joins in and Gladiator is just getting creamed while the crowd is eating it up. Great dive sequence by the technicos that has Porky hitting a tope and Taka hitting one of his typically beautiful springboard dropkicks and then putting Satanico away. Taka celebrates like it is a huge moment. Lots of good stuff in this. Fun match.

Satanico vs Ringo Mendoza and Emilio Charles Jr

Looks to be about 2001-2003. Not sure what the story behind this but this is basically an exhibition. 5 minutes with Ringo and then 5 minutes with Emilio. The 5 minutes with Emilio is clipped even and we only get about a minute. The RIngo section was good not great maestro mat work. This is perfectly watchable for what it is but nothing memorable.