Pro Wrestling Only

Chris Jericho

Grimmas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a hot take or not, but Jericho to me is basically the original version of Dolph Ziggler. Hyped as this great worker who was clearly a level below the actual great workers that were his contemporaries, solid dependable performer who once in a while would have a great performance or feud and otherwise is 25 years of making me groan whenever I see him.

Funny how perception works. I never got the feeling he was hyped as a great worker, and I never ever got the impression he was hyped as being as great as his contemporaries, some of which who were overrated during their time (Malenko). Even back when it happened, the talk was all about Jericho being super entertaining but not as good in-ring as the Rey, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko's of the world. Maybe that changed in the early 00's when he got to WWE (and got better also), but I never got this impression of Jericho being pimped a great worker, surely not on a constant basis. (I probably made that same post a while ago too !)

I have no idea if he would make my list. Not quite sure actually.

I think a lot of 'Jericho is an all-time great' is, and props to him for this, is that he has spent a lot of time talking about how great his career was on his podcast, and he's been saying it long enough that people started to believe it.

I'm not sure there's ever been a year where he was one of the top 5, maybe 10 wrestlers in the promotion he was in.  I'm not entirely ruling him out, but I just don't really see him sniffing even my top 200 wrestlers.