Pro Wrestling Only

El Brazo

Grimmas

• 6 months later...

Seemed to me to be the weakest member of Los Brazos. I've never seen a Los Brazos match that wasn't at least fun, but I don't think I've seen one where Brazo was close to being the best guy on his team. Most memorable thing I think he did was when he was suddenly a bloody mess in the second trios against Los Bucaneros on the Lucha set. I enjoyed the little singles stuff I saw of him (him tasting Hector Garza's blood was pretty cool in that gross pro wrestling way), and thought he looked decent in the maestros match I saw him in, teaming with Black Terry. I don't think he has much chance of making my list though.

• 7 years later...

El Brazo received one comment, which was not a terribly positive one, last time around, but that beat the number of ballots he appeared on, which was zero. I get that. When they were active as a team, he was the one who suffered the most when they became tecnicos, and after they broke up his career was never the same. Brazo de Oro sort of glided into that office role that he'd always desired, Brazo de Plata kept on going strong as a cartoon character come to life, and El Brazo just kicked around looking for something that would stick, even working as an exotico at one point. He needed the team more than either of his brothers did. But the Brazos called themselves the three Musketeers and even adopted the musketeers' slogan of "all for one and one for all," so it must be said that the Brazos wouldn't have been the Brazos without El Brazo. Even if they took one of their other brothers, Robin Hood or whoever, and stuck him in El Brazo's place, it wouldn't have worked the same. His sense of humor was often overshadowed by his younger brother's, but El Brazo was a funny man too with his own spin on wrestling comedy. This thirty second sequence from 1991 displays his talents quite well. If you see the Brazos like so many do as a unique, revolutionary blend of jokes and violence, consider that he was a big part of what made that act special.