Pro Wrestling Only

Brazo de Oro

Grimmas

• 6 months later...

Seemed to be the glue that held Los Brazos together, as he really did the lion's share of the work in the ring, and looked good doing it. Porky was the show-stealer, of course, and even El Brazo seemed a little more charismatic, but I think Oro was definitely the most technically good of the three. He also has the best singles matches I've seen of the three, with the matches against Pirata Morgan and Santito both being really good. I have him behind Porky, but ahead of El Brazo, with a shot at making the back end of my ballot.

• 4 months later...

I agree that he was the best pure wrestler of his team. I think El Brazo was the glue, though. If you take Brazo de Oro out, then the team isn't as good in matches like Brazos vs. Dandy/Super Astro/Popitekus and Brazos vs. Infernales; if you take El Brazo out, then the comedy isn't as good, as he was the one who was best at reacting to Brazo de Plata. I can see it both ways. Oro has a case as the best overall wrestler for sure, though.

• 6 years later...

I couldn't wrap my head around how to rate the Brazos individually in 2016, and I still can't figure it out in 2022. Each of them had their own unique skillset, but their careers were so intertwined and their roles all so essential to the team that it's hard to mentally split them up. On the surface Brazo de Oro was a guy with a good knowledge of holds and not much charisma. On a team like the Brazos, with title aspirations and two character driven workers like Brazo and Porky, that was just what they needed. He could carry technically demanding sequences, and his relative stoicism worked as a contrast to his constantly bickering brothers. He didn't get as many chances as I'd have liked to show off his skill, in either Brazos matches or his own championship matches, but the classic with Hijo del Santo gives him clearly the best individual dossier of matches among the brothers. On its own, it's not a resume that has me considering him with the very best his country has produced, and I don't think that he was truly elite as a talent, either. The Brazos were more than the sum of their parts, though, and he played his part very well.

BdO worth watching:
Brazos vs Renegados
Brazo de Oro vs Hijo del Santo
Brazos vs Dandy, Atlantis and Konnan