Pro Wrestling Only

Cesaro

Grimmas

Not that I think it's going to suddenly change his career after almost being a decade into his WWE run, but I'm really interested to see if Cesaro can put on something special with Roman when they inevitably meet for the title so that we get a glimpse of what we could of had if Cesaro was used as world title guy.  Presumably that's being added to Backlash and would probably be the biggest match of his career.

I had totally forgot the No Mercy performance.  Incredible talent to tough that out.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a great connaisseur of his body of work pre-WWE, but off the top of my head:

• 30.04.2013 vs Kofi Kingston
  • 11.07.2013 vs Sami Zayn
  • 27.02.2014 vs Sami Zayn
  • 22.05.2016 vs The Miz vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
  • 11.12.2017 vs Roman Reigns
  • 14.07.2019 vs Aleister Black
  • 10.04.2021 vs Seth Rollins
  • 16.05.2021 vs Roman Reigns

That Fatal Four Way is easily the best ever made, an Cesaro being the juggernaut to beat in it is a big part of why.

From his WWE run, I would add the Regal match, the SmackDown Orton match, basically every Sheamus match (the US title match in 2014) and the Bar run, specially the Ironman against the Hardys and the first Ambrollins match where he fucking breaks his teeth and keeps going like an absolute madman.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I foresaw a few years back that Claudio would come out of WWE and have enough juice to climb up the big board but he's doing just that. The Eddie Kingston match from SCOH this year is wonderful and is looking like we are going to be able to close a long open indie arc in Ring of Honor. Those two are 100% two great flavors that taste great together and they understand how to get the most out of one another despite being deeply different wrestlers.

I think he's been largely good in AEW but the ROH run is going to allow him to spread his wings again.

• 2 weeks later...