Pro Wrestling Only

Rayo de Jalisco Jr.

Grimmas

• 6 months later...

I have a big soft spot for Rayo and I don't think he's a crazy pick for this list even if I wouldn't have him very high. He's a great spectacle wrestler and that's made better by the fact that a lot of his spectacle offense is built around feints and defensive movement instead of overwrought epic bullshit. Don't get me wrong, Rayo will duke it out. He'll fight like hell to keep his mask or get revenge on the rudos that have busted him open and I love it. He's a pretty consistent trios worker on the 80s set and his charisma can really elevate a match when he's on. I'll admit that he can dog it from time to time (especially as time goes by) but I love him too much to not consider him.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

A good test case for anyone wondering if Super Astro would still be a decent worker if he had to wrestle wearing fifteen pound ankle weights. Rayo vs Cien Caras is my pick as the best mask vs mask match of the 1990s, so sure, I can see that.

Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Cien Caras (P2, P3)
Rayo, Konnan and Sangre Chicana vs Cien Caras, Mascara Año 2000 and Universo 2000
Rayo, Vampiro and Atlantis vs Fiera, Emilio Charles Jr. and Pierroth Jr.