Pro Wrestling Only

Jacques Rougeau

Grimmas

Grimmas's Canadian bias is out of control. Who nominated The Mountie, for god's sake? I'll be surprised if he makes a single person's top 100.

Who cares who nominated him, or if he'll make anyone's list? This project is about exploration and reassessment. If you've already made up your mind then what's the point in participating in the discussion aspect?

Does he really have a realistic shot at getting even within 50 places of most people's 100? Top 200 even?

I'll give him this, he was on occasion a wonderful dick heel and the Fabulous Rogeaus are a very underrated act in general. I think it might be fair to say that Ray tends to get a lot of that "underrated" credit, but Jacques was the heat magnet.

I haven't seen his work prior to WWF either, and it could well add to his stock. His late run with The Quebecers helped keep the tag division sort of together at a time when it was going to shit.

He was effective at what he did. He got good heat. He was a decent worker. Not really Top 100 calibre in my book, or even close, but in general I'm not down on him.

Grimmas's Canadian bias is out of control. Who nominated The Mountie, for god's sake? I'll be surprised if he makes a single person's top 100.

Wolfman nominated Raymond, I thought if somebody is looking at Raymond than they should look at Jacques.

The Rougeau's were great in Montreal and pretty good in the WWF. The Quebecers were a fun team. Probably won't make my list, but I could hear arguments.

• 1 year later...

Now I think about it more, I do see the merit in having rank outsiders like Jacques Rougeau. It can help put other people in perspective too. I also don't think Jacques is necessarily bad, as I've said above. In fact, were I to go on listing beyond my 100, he'd probably finish above Duggan.

What do you have against Duggan? His babyface run in Mid-South is incredible.

Jacques only has the Garvins feud in Montreal. The Rougeaus are bland with a couple great matches against the Rockers. The Mountie and Quebecers are fun, but that is not Duggan/DiBiase or Duggan/Sawyer.

Sell me on Jacques because he seems like a solid hand nothing more.

Yea the idea that Jacques has anything on his resume that puts him over Duggan seems pretty insane to me. And I say that as a guy who has seen the whole Garvins/Rougeaus feud from Montreal and really loved it. But those brawls still don't measure up to stuff like Duggan/DiBiase or Duggan/Sawyer. Duggan has like a 3 year period where he was probably the best in the country at big main event bloody brawls.

• 7 years later...