Pro Wrestling Only

Dennis Condrey

Grimmas

• 7 months later...

Deranged tough guy redneck or that is always how he came across to me as a kid. Was every bit as good as Bobby Eaton in one of the best tag teams ever, but also had very good/great tag run with Randy Rose and Phil Hickerson. Would be interesting to compare him to someone like Tom Prichard who had a similar career in many ways.

• 10 months later...

I've got him listed. He's bottom 15, but he's 100% not dropping off. Re-watching a bunch of MX stuff a few months ago combined with the new Houston matches on NWA Classics solidified him. Has some of the best kneedrops ever. Condrey destroying Tommy Rogers with knees while Cornette chokes him with the tennis racket and Eaton is running distractions as every woman in the arena is ready to riot -- that's the pro wrestling to me. I love all of the other nasty little touches Condrey adds as well, like stomping on a guy's ankle or fingers. Obviously an awesome tag wrestler, and that sort of thing has been pretty huge with me when ranking guys.

I love Condrey.

• 5 years later...

I had Condrey as my number 93 in 2016 and I'm happy with that. Condrey was fucking awesome and I agree with Dylan that he was every bit as good as Eaton in one of the best tag teams there's ever been. I said it five years ago, but his kneedrops are some of the greatest kneedrops you'll see and I love how he'd stomp someone in the nastiest ways possible. This wasn't your regular stomps to the chest, Condrey would stomp on a guy's instep or wrist or clavicle and they'd never look anything short of brutal. Obviously an amazing stooge, but another one of those guys who shifted from stooge to killer seamlessly and believably. I loved that dynamic of the Condrey/Eaton MX -- Eaton was the flash and had amazing offence, but while Condrey might've been a lover boy he was the last person you wanted to pick a fight with. I also give him bonus points for wrestling squash matches while still wearing his little dickie bow. On the rare occasion he got rid of it during a studio match it was effectively a rub for whichever ham n egger pushed him to that point. Condrey also has scope to move up because I've seen next to nothing of him outside the MX run with Eaton. Dennis Condrey ruled. 

DENNIS CONDREY YOU SHOULD WATCH:

w/Bobby Eaton v Bill Watts & Stagger Lee (Mid-South, 4/22/84)

w/Bobby Eaton & Ernie Ladd v Rock n Roll Express & Jim Duggan (Houston, 6/8/84)

w/Bobby Eaton v The Fantastics (Mid-South, 8/9/84)

w/Bobby Eaton v Rock n Roll Express (JCP, 2/7/86)

w/Bobby Eaton v The Road Warriors (JCP, 4/18/86)