Pro Wrestling Only

Mascarita Dorada/El Torito

Grimmas

• 1 month later...

I just made a big youtube list of matches to watch for Dorada in hopes of nominating a mini wrestler and he is already nominated.

I might have seen him once outside of the WWE, but in the WWE he's been really great. If you like crazy high spots and lots of speed in wrestling this is your guy.

Probably my favorite match of his. It's also a great showcase for Pierrotthito and Demus who are some of the best rudo bases of the last ten years.

Mascarita Dorada/Astral/Ultimo Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16/Pequeño Pierroth/Pequeño Black Warrior, CMLL 8/13/10

Wrestling these days is full of flashy offense but rarely is it done this well. The tecnicos supply some jaw dropping aerial maneuvers and your rudo team features two of the best bases, if not the best in wrestling today. There are a lot of cool heels and cool rudos out there so it's great to see rudos who will make real asses of themselves. When it comes time to cut them off the tecnicos also do a great job of getting tossed around. This had a great rhythm, some great overlap between falls, and I think everyone's control segments lasted the perfect amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have more to watch, obviously, but Dorada looks to be making my list. Obviously he is a great high flyer, but his mat and submission work is also pretty awesome. He can structure a great match and his selling is very sympathetic.

One advantage he has, due to his small size, is that any other mini looks like a giant against him and can do these gorilla press and other such power spots.

I would rate his touring matches with Pierrothito higher than Rey's touring matches with Psychosis (minus the Bash at the Beach one). His other Mexico stuff seems great, from what I've seen.

This is one of the wrestlers I want to keep watching and watching he's spectacular.

He was good enough to have one of the best series of matches on WWE PPV this year. With Hornswoggle. I keep hoping they'll bring in someone new for him to work with but apparently that would take them over the allowable amount of minis on their roster.

Will absolutely keep an open mind to him as a candidate and I'm looking forward to watching more of him about as much or more than any other nominee.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Off the charts cool and jaw-droppingly athletic, Mascarita Dorada has been one of the best minis (if not the best), one of the best multi-man match wrestlers, one of the best masked wrestlers, and one of the best WHATEVER of the last decade. Thats a lot of bests over a lotta years.

Nobody flies around the body of their opponent better, using the other guy to twist and roll and spin and scissor, Dorada is so graceful and complex when he leaves his feet that you can't help but stop and smile.

He naturally connects with kids and women; in all the trios and atomicos matches I've watched with him he's always one of the most popular guys and he's added a feather to that cap with his fun, funny stuff on the kid-oriented parts of the WWE shows.

Dorada works both well and with frequency against a wide range of opponents with differing styles: the multi-gendered, multi-heighted matches, the WWE style, and the epic singles and title matches against Pierrothito.

He's graceful but tough and he looks the part; he's stocky and squat and has some power in his offense. It would be so easy for him just to bump all the time and be 'little guy in peril' but thats not his game, he's a mean, rugged devil when the fight calls for it.

Awesome offense, a classic feud, wide appeal, longevity, crossover success and just generally being dynamite in a rare role will more than likely get him a spot on my list.

Really a great sell for him. I hope he gets more votes than just us two.

WWE really could had made him into Rey Jr. in WCW levels of awesome if they wanted. Just hooked a whole division around him as the star. That would had helped his case, but atleast the WWE are fools.

Still his Mexico stuff, his American Indie run and his little short Honrswoggle feud gets him on my list. Initially I had him 80, but I might be able to convince myself to put him higher.