Pro Wrestling Only

Kurt Angle

Grimmas

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to know is who do people wish Angle wrestled like? Do people wish he was more like Jack Brisco or Bret Hart? Do they want him to be like Nick Bockwinkel? Buddy Rose? Billy Robinson? It's confusing. Some people like him as the goofy, three Is guy. Some people like him as a wrestling machine. Do folks want him to be Bryan Danielson? Ric Flair? 

I don't get it. The guy by all rights should have been a bust, but he became a star. It's always like this with the polarizing types whether it's Shawn Michaels, Manami Toyota, Keiji Mutoh or Hiroshi Tanahashi. They don't do this, they don't work like this wrestler, they're not as good as this person... At some point you need to accept them for who they are. 

During this burst of Angle discourse, it hit me that I've hardly watched him in the last 10 years. Even during the last GWE, he wasn't someone I looked at with any focus. Might take a spin through a few matches just to see what I think of him now. I guess the greater point is that it's easy to become frozen in positions from decades-old debates.