Pro Wrestling Only

Bison Kimura

Grimmas

• 4 months later...

Having binged a bit on Bison recently, I don't think she has much of a case for a list like this. Here's my pros and cons:

Pros

• I think Jungle Jack were a good team. She and Aja worked well together, and had an aura about them.
  • Very expressive worker, and had a lot of fire.
  • She could take a hell of a beating. I just watched Jungle Jack Vs Bull and Grizzly Iwamoto, and she just gets murdered. One tough cookie.

Cons

• As a singles wrestler, I think she was at her best against smaller girls, who she could outmuscle and bully around. Otherwise she didn't really seem imposing enough for the way she worked. I also think she didn't really impress herself on her matches enough. She wasn't a dominant enough figure, and almost seemed a passenger in a lot of the matches I saw her in.
  • While she was solid in most areas, she didn't really stand out to me as being great at any one thing.
  • Those chops she does look horrible a lot of the time, especially against bigger opponents. And she can be awfully reliant on them.

On the whole, Bison seems more like someone who falls into the 'good hand' category, who you can plug into various roles and she'll do a steady job for you. Not someone you really expect to blow people away, and not someone who has a real case for top 100 of all time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Boss Rock said:

Love the Jungle Jack tag team but interested in some singles recs.

She really wasn't in many high profile singles matches. That happened in the second half of the 90s, which is an underexplored/forgotten period.

Her early JD' run had some potentially great match ups that ended up clipped. I was tearing my hair out going through the 1996 JD' TV and seeing how they would always hack everything in half due to only having a 1 hour TV slot.

Apparently, her career ended as she broke her arm in a random trios match. She didn't even get a retirement tour. Travesty.

These are worth checking out:

Bison vs. Kyoko Inoue - 08/18/91
Bison vs. Toshiyo Yamada - 04/25/92
Bison vs. Aja Kong - 06/21/92

I think she just doesn't have enough to make a Top 100, but I guess that depends on how much you think a wrestler can make their case through tag performances.

• 6 months later...