• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10161 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

A crab is something pretty common for people to go to in this era, that's true. The reason why I brought it up as I did was that it's a reversal and not a spot. It involves the other wrestler actively doing something instead of passively having something done to him, or something happening by chance or in passing. I've watched well over a hundred of these matches in the last six months and the crab takes me out of the match more than almost anything else I've seen in the midst of the really good stuff. It's not that I think it's actively bad or that much more egregious than anything else. It just happened to break the chain of engagement a couple of times in his matches in the same way the Kidman power bomb always does. I think the issue, like Childs mentioned, was that Walton points it out too much. Given the congeniality in the match, I actually half had the sense vs Clay Thomson that Clay was putting it on him almost as a kayfabe favor so he could let his pal show off to the crowd.

#22 ohtani's jacket

ohtani's jacket
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 5673 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

I'm leaning against him. He's an absolute wizard but I just don't feel like I've seen enough for him to pass the confidence test. I'm going to keep watching more of him over the next week, so we'll see if I can wrap my head around him the rest of the way.

I love this post. As though there's a ton more Sargeant out there that you can watch :P

#23 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10161 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:41 AM

Well "rest of the way" is another way of saying "rest of the matches."

I was trying to find the post where I wanted to find more context for some Satanico match in 84 by watching the matches that led up to it right when the lucha set came out. High comedy.

#24 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Footage issues be damned, what a great wrestler. Amazing technician, tremendous babyface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users