Pro Wrestling Only

Night of Champions 2014 (Live as it happens)

goodhelmet

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho

Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus vs. Cesaro

Goldust & Stardust vs. Usos

Rusev vs. Mark Henry

Paige vs. Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee

With Reigns vs. Rollins off the show, I guess they are going to throw in a Sandow match or something. Still looks like it could be a good show on paper.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jericho has been booked into oblivion, and Orton has been the stalest character in the company for years. Who in their right mind thought we wanted to see this match?! Jericho must've picked it himself - I bet he likes working with Orton - because no fan actually gives a flying frog's shit about it.

Goldust & stardust vs. Usos

- Continues the tag titles getting time on PPV and delivering. I think the crowd is still hesitant to boo the Rhodes brothers so it isn't as heated but they can still go. Not as great as the Wyatt Family tags but I am glad this was given time to develop and I am interested to see where a Rhodes tag reign goes.

I actually liked it more than at least the 2/3 falls Wyatts/Usos match. Good structure in general with nice performances all around, a super hot ending stretch and really cool moments like one of the Usos going super aggressive against Cody's leg and Cody slapping him with the glove.

Fun opener, although the finish was a bit of an anticlimax. Would have liked the ending to a long title reign to be a bit more definitive and well built. Needed a change anyway, The Usos don't have a massive shelf life and are pretty limited as champions. Solid opener - nothing anyone will remember in three months time but the crowd was into it and it was nicely structured.