Pro Wrestling Only

The Fabulous Ones

Grimmas

• 1 month later...

Can't believe someone else hasn't come in here to pimp them. Their best performances clearly came in Memphis, and for me I was a little disappointed with their run in AWA. But man they have some great matches in Memphis and they were clearly a huge deal for the territory, and the business over all since they could be credited for inspiring the Rock N Roll Express and the myriad of tag teams that then went on to copy RNR.

I think they are really under rated as brawlers since I never see them come up when that discussion is taking place. They had some all out wars with The Moondogs and The Sheepherders. They wrestled The Sheepherders in nearly every kind of match there is, even inventing some along the way, and it usually ended up being a bloody brawl. There's a handheld of a Cage match with them that includes one of the sides of the cage being knocked over and the ref being thrown over the cage. I uploaded it a LONG time ago on youtube but it seems to be gone now. These guys would probably rank higher on my list than anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen them in several territories, as heels and faces, in brawls and traditionnal matches, and I've yet to find a case where they don't bore me. Keirn in particular brings nothing to the table to me. Looks like a midget Hulk Hogan minus the charisma (and work, honestly), and Lane was sloppier than during his MX days. Way overrated.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to watch their Memphis stuff. I really enjoyed it. The Moondogs feud was something I only read about and without seeing it I didn't get a good grasp on how great it was until finally viewing it. Phenomenal stuff.Even the Moondogs have peaked my interest as I've only seen their WWF stuff which is pretty blah.

I was already familiar with the Houston and AWA stuff. Now with Memphis added to the resume I can safely say they will be on list. I'm thinking around 12 or higher at this point.