Pro Wrestling Only

Arn Anderson & Ole Anderson

goodhelmet

I really love this team. Just a straight up hard nosed team that really came across tough and knew how to get sympathy for their opponents. I liked how The Andersons saved the big bumps so that they meant something. I remember them having a great match with The Steiners when Ole would definitely be considered past his prime. This is a team I'm really high on.

• 2 weeks later...

Their matches with the Rock and Roll Express were some of the best in JCP. These guys had great structure to their matches. Were awesome at getting heat on the baby faces . Were so focused at ripping at an arm or leg. Their stuff looked legit.

They oozed legitimacy - love this team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I enjoy tag-team wrestling matches just as much as I enjoy a one on one match. Hell sometimes more. With that said these two had a run that was to short. They were incredible live. Don't know if they were as good as Ole and Gene who I saw enough of. I do feel Arn was a better overall pro wrestler then Gene though. It's a shame they weren't together for all of 1986. I would've been fine with Ole up through the first Wargames as well. Give him the boot after.

They make my Top 25.

• 6 months later...

Pulled this from a Roll N Roll Express comp listing:

Rock N Roll Express Dream Date Contest
Ole Anderson attacks the Rock N Roll Express (JCP 6/86)
Rock N Roll Express vs. Arn & Ole Anderson (Worldwide 7/86)
Rock N Roll Express vs. Ole & Arn Anderson (GAB 7/26/86)
Rock N Roll Express Interview (w/ title win footage) (Worldwide 8/86)
Rock N Roll Express & Dusty Rhodes vs. Ole & Arn Anderson & Ric Flair (cage) (World Pro TV 1986)
Ricky Morton vs. Ole Anderson (Worldwide 10/86)
Rock N Roll Express vs. Ole & Arn Anderson (steel cage match) (Starrcade 86)

The cage match is great, can't wait to see the rest.

• 2 months later...

When it comes to Ole and Arn, my main thought is always "They are gonna call you out, kick your ass, and beat you down". No nonsense, tough motherfuckers that want nothing more than to maul their opponents and arent gonna back down like so many heel teams would do.

Their interviews were great IMO, espeically Ole's parts of them. Even though he was older, he still had that demeanor about him that said "I am warning you to stay out of our way..if you dont, you are gonna lose a limb" Their locker room attack on Magnum and interview afterward is a perfect example of what they were all about.

Their RNR Feud was excellent, and the cage match showed how bad ass Ole and Arn were. Ricky and Robert BARELY escaped with a fluke win after getting torn up by them so much so that it cost them the tag belts a few weeks later due to Ricky's arm being so fucked up.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know which of these matches (listed by peachchaos) is the one where they are working over the nose of Ricky Morton? It may not be one of these. I can't find the date for the match, but I know it is following the Flair/Morton match from 07/05/1986. It's Ole and Arn vs. Rock n Rolls... it's a great match, with great selling from Ricky, but I'm not sure what the date is. Trying to figure it out if anyone knows...

I'm sure it is around the same time as the Ole vs Ricky match from 10/11/86...

After I fist posted this, I found a write up about it stating it was from TV in July of 1986... I'm assuming it's the Worldwide match listed above...

• 1 year later...