Pro Wrestling Only

Juventud Guerrera

Grimmas

I used to love this guy, but I'm starting to think he was overrated. He's been in some great matches, but he also seems just a step above a lot of the sloppy indy guys of the time week-to-week. I don't think he adapted as well to WCW as Rey or even Psicosis, who showed a grasp of American-style psychology here and there. He won't make my top 100.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

25 years ago, hardcore wrestling fans pointed to Juventud as a future best in the world candidate. Some even thought he was a better all around prospect than Rey Jr. I've always enjoyed the matches with Rey Jr when I've revisited them to one degree or another. He's been active the entire time and is only 48 years old. Is there anything worth looking at from the last 20 years or did it all just completely fall apart with WCW?

It more or less fell apart after WCW.  It's not all fair since he was given such a high prospect status from the time he debuted but he never reached the heights that guys with his talent should.  He was very good early in his career, reached free agency, signed a big deal, and played 6-7 years of average play as an every day center fielder for a mid level MLB team.

2 hours ago, TimCooke said:

It more or less fell apart after WCW.  It's not all fair since he was given such a high prospect status from the time he debuted but he never reached the heights that guys with his talent should.  He was very good early in his career, reached free agency, signed a big deal, and played 6-7 years of average play as an every day center fielder for a mid level MLB team.

I really like his matches against Rey Mysterio Jr, I'm a baseball fan but I have never heard of his MLB run, I want to see it, I haven't found any footage or information about that.

33 minutes ago, concrete1992 said:

Starting to put together some thoughts on wrestlers based on the RMT / YouTube roulette and Juvie does not stand up well. Not the flashiest guy or biggest bumper.

I'm not sure he's as good as Vampiro and I think that says it all

Goddamn that's rough. 

• 8 months later...

The fuckin' Juice, man. I don't have a lot of use for Juvi in AAA. I've never bought that he was the best worker in the States in 1998. I'm not a believer in Guerrera vs Kidman as a classic series of matches. I've never seen his NOAH run. But you have to be a damn sorry worker to be worse than Vampiro, and I don't think Juvi has anything to worry about there.

• 3 weeks later...