Pro Wrestling Only

Marc Mero

Grimmas

How long of a run did he have as a top-flight worker? Two and a half years, maybe? His "coming out party" seemed to be the Bash at the Beach '94 match with Regal, and it ended with his ACL tear early in '97. He was shit for most of the first part of the '90s and after his injury he effectively reinvented himself as an abusive ratfuck heel, but the matches suffered (not to mention the environment and how conducive to good matches it was). I think a guy with a 2.5-year peak could very easily crack the list, but Mero has almost literally nothing to show for his career outside of that window. A 2.5-year-career guy would need to be a true Best in the World or Best in the Country or even a Best in the Promotion candidate, and Mero was never any of those things.

That said--get on the Network and check out the Fall Brawl '94 match with Regal. The Pillman match the next year deservedly gets most of the hype but I love, love, love the previous year's bout as well.

• 8 years later...

I'm torn because I find his WWF role to be a nasueating example of how talent was wasted. And I am currently working on getting the archived footage necessary to give the Johnny B Badd era a fair shot*. 

Anyone have links to good Youtube/Dailymotion so I can give them a good look? 

I'll say I think he's top notch in the terrible role of "the dude who kept Attitude Era fans from whacking off to Sable unfettered." 

*I refuse to pay for the WWE Network. 

Here's a few Johnny B Badd matches you can watch:

Stunning Steve Austin vs Johnny B. Badd-WCW Slamboree 1994
Steven Regal vs Johnny B. Badd, WCW Bash at the Beach 1994 
Johnny B. Badd vs. Brian Pillman 1995 Fall Brawl 
DDP vs Johnny B Badd World War 3 1995
Johnny B Badd (Marc Mero) vs. Arn Anderson (12 23 1995 WCW Saturday Night)

Good luck. And if you want more stuff and can find the other two DDP PPV matches one from Halloween Havoc 95 and the other from Superbrawl 96 maybe check out those two.

7 hours ago, El McKell said:

Here's a few Johnny B Badd matches you can watch:

Stunning Steve Austin vs Johnny B. Badd-WCW Slamboree 1994
Steven Regal vs Johnny B. Badd, WCW Bash at the Beach 1994 
Johnny B. Badd vs. Brian Pillman 1995 Fall Brawl 
DDP vs Johnny B Badd World War 3 1995
Johnny B Badd (Marc Mero) vs. Arn Anderson (12 23 1995 WCW Saturday Night)

Good luck. And if you want more stuff and can find the other two DDP PPV matches one from Halloween Havoc 95 and the other from Superbrawl 96 maybe check out those two.

Cheers! Glad I bought you a cup of virtual coffee back in the day (my wife was tickled at the concept).