Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-11-WCW-Bash at the Beach] Randy Savage & Sid vs Kevin Nash & Sting

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes, and thank God this is the end of this feud. Wait, this is a tag match and the world title is on the line ... eh, what the hell, this is the end of this, so I'll take it. Crowd chants for Goldberg during the main event spotlighting this heat-killing feud. Savage wins the title.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SO Fucking bad. I was actually bored and couldn't sleep the other night and tried to watch the entire 1999 Bash at the Beach PPV. I made 20 minutes in.

Anyway, George despite being beat up is loyal to Macho and low blows Nash setting up the Savage elbow and the winning of the title. George was woefully out of position and Nash was unsure if he should sell her first feeble attempt or not. Tony sounds so sad saying this was the blow heard around the wrestling world.

• 2 years later...

Terrible match to end what has to be the least consequential Big Two PPV of the Yearbook era so far--I think only Wrestlepalooza '98 had less actual content make the cut. Okay, the beating-up-women thing has officially gotten ridiculous, as now even Sting is laying out the female members of Team Madness. I have no recollection that Savage actually won the title at this stage in the game. Crowd chants for Goldberg just to show you over these four guys are.

• 4 months later...

Just reviewed the full show on my blog. I've reviewed every WCW PPV and Clash from, I think, 93' on and this was, by a wide margin, the lowest scored show I've ever seen (edging out Road Wild 98') for that distinction. I want to believe that there is no worse show, but part of me feels like as I continue on, things could somehow get worse.

As for this main event, it is really bad, but I would like to note how hard Sting works - not only in this match, but even at the previous month's Great American Bash, where, before the dogs get involved, he is single-handedly making a Rick Steiner match watchable. It almost feels like maybe Sting in 99' is underrated just because if you look at the main event scene during that calendar year - Nash, Sid, Savage, Hogan, Flair, Piper, Bret, Hall, etc. - Sting is the only guy who seems to have any clue how or desire to put effort into what he's doing. Does anybody else even leave their feet in this match?

• Loss changed the title to [1999-07-11-WCW-Bash at the Beach] Randy Savage & Sid vs Kevin Nash & Sting