Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-17-ECW-TV] Taz, Steve Corino and Taijiri

Loss

• 1 month later...

Taz is out to confront Taijiri. He praises him for a good match he just had and puts him over as a very talented guy. Taz says it would be his pleasure to give Taijiri a title shot anytime he wants. He's cut off by Steve Corino, flanked by Rhino and a wheelchair-bound Jack Victory. He wants Taz to admit his fear. Taz goes on a long, swearing tirade after Corino tells him to lay off. This is all a distraction for Taijiri to lay out Taz. Corino comes in the ring to taunt him. Why couldn't WCW create a similar dynamic with Jericho, Goldberg and Meng? Good angle.

• 5 months later...

Taz looks ridiculous wearing that Scotty 2 Hotty hat. Otherwise, I agree with Loss, good angle. I liked how Taz thinks Tajiri understand anything he's saying then Corino comes out and Tajiri understand him. Looking forward to watching Taz/Tajiri again cause I remember that being a real good match.

• 1 month later...

Interesting angle that doesn't feel too stereotypical of a world champion angle but then again Taz by this point has had lengthy feuds with most of the other main players in ECW so this was fresh and over at least. Cornio is also great in this role and Tajiri as a killer is a nice role for him.

• 2 years later...

"Oh, that's great Taz. Why don't you swear some more for your fans in dirty Queens?" "Okay then--[bLEEEEEEEEEEEEP]!" That was great. So was Jack Victory's "DO NOT TOUCH" shirt, which almost makes up for the ridiculous push he and his giant ass were getting before the broken leg. Taz offers to take on Corino and Rhino with Tajiri as his partner, which seems awfully presumptuous on his part--and Tajiri whacks him with a buzzsaw kick and lays him out! Corino pays Tajiri off and gloats after the damage is done. *This* was the Corino I was looking forward to seeing--the one who's overmatched physically but knows how to manipulate others and is legitimately dangerous as a result.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-17-ECW-TV] Taz, Steve Corino and Taijiri