Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-20-NJPW-Summer Struggle] Jushin Liger & Dr Wagner Jr & El Samurai vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto & Kendo Ka Shin

Loss

• 1 month later...

I screened quite a few juniors multi-mans from 1999 that were on Samurai TV but never aired on regular TV. I found this to be the best of the bunch. Good glance at how everyone looked at the time. You get the sense watching that Otani and Kanemoto had surpassed Liger as workers by this time, although Liger is still very good and has excellent chemistry with both guys. Dr. Wagner Jr. is also pretty reliable in New Japan. This is an excellent match but doesn't really escalate into something really great, which is fine. It's a very good 15-minute tag match.

• 2 months later...

I liked this a lot, and especially Otani. Love how the faces go after him before he can even get his jacket off and when he finally makes a comeback and whips the jacket at one of them. Also love him getting out of a surfboard by biting Wagner's finger. They got personal here and bent the rules which made the body of the match a lot of fun and then really went into a workrate heavy home stretch which was very good. Sort of feels like an NJ juniors version of an MPro multiman tag.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I wish we had more complete multi-man from NJPW juniors from 97-99 as there was so many great workers at this time and when they shine, they really shine. This was a great example and never let up allowing each person to really look impressive even less impressive individuals like Ka Shin. ****

• 1 year later...

I *still* don't like these Kanemoto-gets-repeatedly-killed-and-hits-one-move-to-beat-Wagner endings, but everything else was fine to really good. I loved the spots where a guy was camel clutch'd and a partner would bounce off both sets of ropes 5 or 6 times before hitting them with a dropkick. Wagner's offense is really great and crunchy and the lesser workers are used well in their own right.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-20-NJPW-Summer Struggle] Jushin Liger & Dr Wagner Jr & El Samurai vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto & Kendo Ka Shin