Pro Wrestling Only

Spike Dudley

Grimmas

I've said this before, but to me Spike is one of the great tag workers of the 90s. With 3 different partners, working 3 distinct styles, he was able to get over, adapt and produce high end matches. The brawls teaming with Balls are the most well known and I enjoy them, but I think they pale in comparison to the matches he had teaming with Bubba against undercard acts, to say nothing of his team with Mikey which has excellent series' with both PG-13 and the CanAms (the best stateside CanAms matches by far).

On top of that he was very good in singles settings, whether you put him in a title match v. Taz, had him pinball for Bam Bam, asked him to go 10 mins with Axl Rotten in an opener, or plugged him into a workrate multi-man match.

His ECW run isn't enough to get him into my top 100 on it's own, but some solid WWE showings could get him down near the bottom where I'm likely to include some favorites.

• 1 month later...

I went back and watched some WWE Spike a couple of days ago and man alive was he good there. I saw matches v. Raven, Rodney Mack, Brock, Steve Austin and two v. Rey. All of them were worked differently and Spike was great in all of them. The guy gets a ton of credit for his bumping, but he was really creative both in terms of the bumping and in terms of putting together offensive sequences. All of the matches are short and easy to find on youtube if anyone cares

• 1 year later...

Love Spike. Behind Tanaka, Tajiri and Awesome as my favorite ECW worker. Right now I have him penciled in as my #99. He was so excellent in his role. Going through ECW on TNN on the Network, I think he's stood out to me as much as Tajiri has as someone who was amazing at playing their role. Huge soft spot for him. I've gone back and watched some of the pimped things Dylan mentioned above from his WWE run. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, but it validated that he deserves a spot on my list.