Pro Wrestling Only

Mark Briscoe

Grimmas

• 6 months later...

Lacks the big time feel that Jay has on his own, but at least over the last few years I feel he's been the slightly better worker at least in tags. Completely crazed bumper, with a unique charisma, who had a hot tag formula that was so dynamic Daniel Bryan lifted it and used it to become the biggest star in wrestling. I can't see rating one Briscoe without rating the other, so I'll either strike them both, or place them both.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Mark might have the weakest singles resume of anyone on my ballot. He's got a 2004 Low Ki match that I remember liking when I watched it a few years ago, but Mark has been putting in ***1/4-***3/4 singles matches for over a decade now.

I've been fortunate enough to see some great wrestlers live at ROH shows over the past few years. AJ Styles, the Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kevin Steen, etc. - no one has impressed me more live than Mark Briscoe. Watching him from 15 feet away gave me a whole new perspective on the guy. He does everything well. His strikes, even his goofy looking kung-fu strikes, look great in person. As Dylan said, he bumps like a mad man. Generico might be the only guy that I've seen take stupider bumps in ROH. This guy is so great. Jay was pushed to the moon by ROH as this unstoppable ace and yet Mark stayed relevant and over by doing what he does on the undercard. Tremendous professional wrestler.

• 7 years later...

The Briscoes have a whole pile of incredible tag matches and for me it’s a toss up between them and KENTAFuji for best tag team of the 00s. He doesn’t have the resumé of singles matches that his brother has but he wasn’t granted the same chances to do that. If we’re comparing them when they’re in tags Mark tends to do the more memorable crazy shit that sticks in your head after the match is over

What I watched for this so far and my match ratings
Mark Briscoe vs Jay Briscoe (03/05/07) ****
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Kevin Steen & El Generico (11/08/07) ***¾
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Kevin Steen & El Generico (26/08/07) ****
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura (02/03/08) ****½
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Motor City Machine Guns (19/04/08) ***½
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Matt & Jeff Hardy (26/04/14) ***½
Mark Briscoe vs Roderick Strong (24/06/16) **½ 
Mark & Jay Briscoe vs FTR (24/07/22) ****½