Photo

La Parkita & Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Psicosis (AAA 08/30/99)

AAA August 30 1999 La Parkita Octagoncito Mini Abismo Negro Mini Psicosis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43532 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43532 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

This is the Midnight Express vs Rock & Roll Express of AAA minis matches, with Octagoncito and La Parkita as the Rock & Rolls - getting the advantage early and showing off their great highspots - and Negro and Psicosis as the MX - starting off rough, suffering from miscommunication and doing some great doubleteam moves when they finally take control. Add in the unique things these guys do and you have all the makings of a great tag match. Octagoncito defies nature - there are times when I’d swear I’m watching in fast forward. Layered on top of all that is a balls-out spotfest that’s just great. 

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4048 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

I didn't like this as much as Loss but It was good. No rudo ref or shenanigans during the match is a plus. Octagoncito is good but Parkita is no Mascarita Sagrada. The rudos have problems and after the match, Cibernetico and Psicosis have words with the minis. This brings out Abismo Negro and Electroshock and the seeds of the Vipers breakup are planted.

#4 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

Even for AAA the amount of playing to the crowd was ridiculous. Over and over again. The opponent was standing right next to them and they're gazing into the audience. A one fall 10m bout that felt way longer before postmatch shenanigans that I'd have a hard time explaining.

#5 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10355 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

This was a lot of fun but it was tough to rate as there wasn't much in the way of psychology at all to me. It was a blast to the see the spots and dives of these guys but the storytelling left me flat leaving me confused overall. ***1/2 

#6 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9299 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

It was good and all, and way better than the previous minis match, but I confess to being completely lost as to the Negro-Psicosis split post-match. I was distracted and I must have missed something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AAA, August 30, 1999, La Parkita, Octagoncito, Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Psicosis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users